Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
VicVega
VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Which Reader can do this

Hi there,

I'm looking for a reader with e-ink to read PDFs.
My PRS-350 is doing quite a good job, but not a perfect one.
What I need is a reader that can do exactly this:

Let you zoom in to a PDF at any amount you like and then switch threw your PDF (threw each part of the page then to the next page and so on) by pressing the turn-page button.

So actually it is what the 2-Column-, 3-Colum-, etc-feature of the Sonys does, with the only difference that I don't want to use predefined zooming-amounts. I want to choose how much the PDF is zoomed myself.

Suggesting alternatives like reflow, converting the document etc. is very nice but not what I'm looking for. I need exactly this feature.
VicVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I don't know if it is this what you are after and I don't speak from experience, only from reading here (as I don't own this reader): it may be that the Pocketbook Touch (622) is able to do this. At least you can scroll through the page in a tablet-like manner and it is said to have the best pdf handling. Maybe you can repeat your question in the Pocketbook subforum.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
VicVega
VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VicVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You Sir, Made my day.
I thank you very much!
VicVega is offline   Reply With Quote