Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
cyan
Connoisseur
cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, kindle, android
64 MB ebw1150

When did they release an ebw1150 with 64 MB of built in storage?
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
not built in ; it's a memory card.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
not built in ; it's a memory card.
Evidently not based on the latest offerings and sale prices at ebookwise. They seem to have one with 64Meg built in. Unfortunately using a card replaces the built in memory so you can't add on more memory, just replace whats there. It may be that the internal software can take advantage of the internal memory however, permitting more resources to be available, but I am not sure.

Perhaps they are adding more built in memory in anticipation of running out of SMC memory card.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hey, that's good news actually, if only because it means they're still working on the eb1150. with a little luck we'll have more good news.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Yeah, I think it's good news, too. I think it also indicates something positive about sales of the 1150. I just checked the eBookwise site, and they have the 1150 with 64 MB internal memory on sale for $115.95 with free USA ground shipping.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I think the new 64MB internal memory will only be used to store ebooks and not be available to the hardware.

While it does look like things are moving forward (i.e. the internal 8MB flash being replaced with 64MB internal memory), I hope they could upgrade the 4MB RAM on the EBW1150. This amount of RAM is still far too limiting for "surfing the internet" and large ebooks with many hyperlinks.

The REB 1200 has 8MB RAM and that seems sufficient.

And when is that ETI e-ink prototype going to see the light of day ...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:47 AM   #7
cyan
Connoisseur
cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, kindle, android
I don't know if it means they are still working on it. The new memory may have the same pin outs and size as the old memory making it a simple replacement.
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
While it does look like things are moving forward (i.e. the internal 8MB flash being replaced with 64MB internal memory), I hope they could upgrade the 4MB RAM on the EBW1150. This amount of RAM is still far too limiting for "surfing the internet" and large ebooks with many hyperlinks.

The REB 1200 has 8MB RAM and that seems sufficient.

And when is that ETI e-ink prototype going to see the light of day ...
YEAH !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan View Post
I don't know if it means they are still working on it. The new memory may have the same pin outs and size as the old memory making it a simple replacement.
well, but they took the trouble of replacing it. i agree, they probably didn't have much in the way of developping to do for this mod, but they could have just left the eb1150 alone completely. so this could be a sign of other projects we'll soon hear about... fingers crossed !
Old 11-28-2008, 12:13 AM   #9
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
I was curious and sent an email to ebookwise support asking about the new 64 meg internal memory model below is the reply that I got.

Quote:
Hi,

The device does not have 64 MB internal memory. *The internal memory
is
only 8 MB. *The device with 64 MB comes with a 64 MB Smartmedia memory
card already inserted into the memory card slot.

This 64 MB card can be swapped out for a second card. *That is -- you
can own two memory cards and swap them in and out as needed.

This site sells the cards:
http://www.memorysuppliers.com/smartmedia1.html

Remember, only the "SmartMedia" type of memory card will work -- other
cards will not. *You can tell a SmartMedia card by the particular
pattern of metal contacts, as in this picture:
http://www.olympus.fr/consumer/image...artMedia_m.jpg

Please note: *Whenever removing or inserting a memory card in the
device, be sure the device's power is turned off.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Dave
eBookwise Support Team
After receiving this answer I took a quick screen shot of the portion of the page showing the upgraded memory device and sent that along with the link to the ebookwise page where it is and asked if the site advertisement was incorrect. Haven't heard back from them yet. I'll post the answer here when I do.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
I was curious and sent an email to ebookwise support asking about the new 64 meg internal memory model below is the reply that I got.

After receiving this answer I took a quick screen shot of the portion of the page showing the upgraded memory device and sent that along with the link to the ebookwise page where it is and asked if the site advertisement was incorrect. Haven't heard back from them yet. I'll post the answer here when I do.
Huh?

I guess the Marketing Guys haven't told the Support Guys, or maybe the Marketing Guys are being too creative for their own sake and the Supoort Guys are right. Shudder to think that!!!

I don't know, I'm with you, I look at the 64MB internal picture and the link to the different price structures and think this is a new model.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #11
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
i inquired about this upgrade when i was getting my 1150 replaced, and was told that they ARE upgrading new units now, but that a swap option was not yet available. otherwise i would have paid the extra then and there.

they DO exist..
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I guess the Marketing Guys haven't told the Support Guys...
classic...
Old 11-30-2008, 02:06 AM   #13
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Got the reply today from ebookwise and they do have devices with the 64 meg iternal memory. Below is the reply.

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry about that. *Dave had it wrong. *The ad you were looking at is
correct.

Best Regards,

Simon
eBookwise Support Team
Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #14
derrell
Jack O' Apes

After getting an answer about the 64 meg internal memory of the advertised eb-1150 I also asked if it had a smart card slot. According to the rep who answered the reader has the 64 meg internal memory and a smart card slot. While only one or the other can be used that does make it a little more versatile.

In the same email they also said that ebookwise had no current plans for a new reader.

Guess I'll quit pestering them now for awhile.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
robyn777
robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise 1150 & eslick
Has anyone tried the 64mb internal one yet?

I am trying to decide between the 64mb internal and the 128mb flashcard both are on sale!
I already have an 1150 with a 64mb smart card but the screen got scratched up and I'm looking to get a second one.

If anyone knows how to get scratches off the screen that would help too
robyn777 is offline   Reply With Quote