Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #526
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
What part of OTHER MODELS and not NEW FIRMWARES are you having trouble with?
CM does not support FW 5.3.5 for now. You're welcome to submit a patch to make it work on that firmware.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #527
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
CM does not support FW 5.3.5 for now. You're welcome to submit a patch to make it work on that firmware.
I know and we all thanks your fabulous work, I just answered to a very harsh answer to one polite question. If the answer would have been "it is working on it but it is not clear if or when it will be done" it would have been a polite and correct answer.
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #528
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
I know and we all thanks your fabulous work, I just answered to a very harsh answer to one polite question. If the answer would have been "it is working on it but it is not clear if or when it will be done" it would have been a polite and correct answer.
Super!
Someone volunteering to write all of my answers now.
Have at it, I leave you to your self-assumed job.

You can do my next 4,100 - maybe you will like those better.

Last edited by knc1; 06-04-2013 at 08:42 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #529
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Two questions for Ixtab and Two to all the people in the Forum

Quote:
Ixtab:

First of all I have to very thank you for doing a Kindle a better machine, and all we know you do a hard work.

My first question is:

Why you to have to release a modification of your hacks every time Amazon release a new update only to make Kindle a worse machine?

I have a Paperwhite with 5.3.1 (with jailbreak, JBPatch (Enhance Dictionary, Modify Reader fonts, Fix layout, Modify margins), KUAL, ALT_Fonts and Collections Manager) and my second question is :

What update 5.3.5 give better than 5.3.1?

I think nothing? I am right?

So my third and fourth question to all the people is (I ask because I don't understand):

Why you have to update your Kindle every time Amazon make an update?
That make a Kindle a better machine?

It is a pity that you have to waste your valuable time to update the hack instead of make other fabulous modifications of the firmware to make a Kindle a even better machine.

Very thank you for your fabulous hacks.

(Sorry for my english)
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #530
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Books not being put into collections

Hi. First I have to thank Ixtab and everyone else who has worked so tirelessly to fix the breaks amazon keeps putting out there for kindles.

I have a problem and I promise I have tried to search first, so if I missed it, I apologize.

I have a paperwhite and am using kindle collections and CM. They both seem to be working mostly correctly, but there are a handful of books that are not being placed into collections. My collections are created off of the series column in Calibre and the fields are definitely populated there. I ran a report from Kindle Collections and that plug-in says they are part of their respective collections... so it's in the translation from Kindle Collections to CM I'm guessing.

I have re-created collections, restarted and re-imported collections several times to no avail. Any ideas what's happening? Any help would be much appreciated.

ETA: Okay, so I tried everything again this morning and it has decided to work. I'm sure there was operator somewhere last night... The one thing I did do different was to uncheck the "only generate data for created/updated collections" option in Kindle Collections, then re-created collections, etc. If this is what made it correctly place books in their collections on the kindle, great, but I hate to leave it unchecked going forward as it does take longer to update on the kindle. But if that's what it takes, I will.

ETA 2: Spoke to soon. I added a couple of new books to my device today (after posting the first ETA). When I did the kindle collections thing after sending the new ones to my device, it threw an older book out of its collection. What is weird is that in CM, the book appears in the collection. On the kindle home page, it shows the book outside of the collection but when I open the collection, it says there are 4 books but with only 3 showing... the 4th one being the one sitting outside of the collection. It's weird. It isn't that big a deal, at this point it's only one book, but I would love to figure out why this is happening so I can maybe keep it from continuing.

Last edited by laurla; 06-08-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Continuing issues
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #531
randomer679
randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.randomer679 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PW FW 5.3.5
Quote:
Hi I'd like to try and help, but I'm a little confused by the build instructions. Is the java 1.4 SDK specifically required? Also does it matter which version of the 1.4 SDK is used?

Thanks.
randomer679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #532
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.3.7

This version supports the Kindle Paperwhite, firmware 5.3.6, and all previously supported firmware versions.

Note that firmware 5.3.5 is NOT supported.

Download available from first post.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #533
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomer679 View Post
Hi I'd like to try and help, but I'm a little confused by the build instructions. Is the java 1.4 SDK specifically required? Also does it matter which version of the 1.4 SDK is used?

Thanks.
It's not an absolute requirement to use the 1.4 version, higher SDK versions will also do.

But for myself, I tend to stick to 1.4 for Kindle development,so that I don't accidentally use new features available only on higher versions (because they wouldn't work on the Kindle).
Old 06-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #534
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Quote:
This version supports the Kindle Paperwhite, firmware 5.3.6, and all previously supported firmware versions.

Note that firmware 5.3.5 is NOT supported.

Download available from first post.

Jailbreak still is a prerequisite and doesn't work with 5.3.6?
It doesn't, I just tried.

Downgrade, install, upgrade again. Got it.

Last edited by mahtin; 06-22-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Did some more reading
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #535
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtin View Post
Jailbreak still is a prerequisite and doesn't work with 5.3.6?
It doesn't, I just tried.
The jailbreak cannot (currently) be applied to FW 5.3.6, but if you install it on FW 5.3.5 it 'survives' the update to FW 5.3.6.... then you should be able to install and use Collection Manager.

Never mind.......

Last edited by GoSharks; 06-22-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Slow typing!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #536
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Downgrade, install, upgrade again. Got it.
You missed a few of the follow up steps:

Get pissed off at 5.3.6 ;
Downgrade ;
Give Amazon time to try again.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #537
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Downgrade ;
Does 'pissed off' still work on FW 5.3.6??? or do I need to apply on 5.3.5 and use the "OMFG" bridge from ixtab so it survives the 'screw-up(grade)'?!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #538
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Downgrade ;
It's brand new - is there a recommended version to downgrade to and stick with?
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #539
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
It's brand new - is there a recommended version to downgrade to and stick with?
If you want to also install JBPatch, I guess 5.3.1 or 5.3.3.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #540
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
If you want to also install JBPatch, I guess 5.3.1 or 5.3.3.
Jailbreak before going the 5.3.1 --> 5.3.3 path (you can't do the original install of the JB on 5.3.2 or 5.3.3).

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks