Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil 0.2.4

New release is now up on the site. More info here.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thanks! Great work! Merge With Previous is a much awaited feature (at least by me )
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Wow, I Started Sigil, an got the New Version Notice (Within 15 minutes of your upload)

I had just finshed cleaning up a copy/paste combine I did. This should be so much better

theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Question, as I am very new to Sigil. When updating, can I just install on top of the old version, or do I need to uninstall the old version first?

Also, as I've been trying to clean up a PDF that I converted to ePub for my own use, I've been thinking that being able to utilize a wildcard in the FIND/REPLACE dialog would be, like, priceless! If there is a way to do that...
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Question, as I am very new to Sigil. When updating, can I just install on top of the old version, or do I need to uninstall the old version first?

Also, as I've been trying to clean up a PDF that I converted to ePub for my own use, I've been thinking that being able to utilize a wildcard in the FIND/REPLACE dialog would be, like, priceless! If there is a way to do that...
Well, I'm on Linux and just installing over the top of the previous version has always worked for me.

Wild cards in Search/Replace? You Betcha! and SO much more powerful than that. You can use "regular expressions" to do lots and lots of things that way.

Do a search on "regular expressions" or "regexp" on this forum (i.e. mobileread itself), or ask a specific question here (i.e the sigil sub-forum). I myself am but a novice regarding this topic so I won't presume to instruct you. But there are many resources available to those who can ask or search. Just sayin'!
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 AM   #6
printmonkey
I also do Letterpress !
printmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad
Hi Valloric,

I installed Sigil on my iMac yesterday after reading an article about in MacUser magazine. This software is just what I have been looking for - thanks !

I'll make sure put in a donation on PayPal...
printmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by printmonkey View Post
I installed Sigil on my iMac yesterday after reading an article about in MacUser magazine.
I'd love to see that article . Got a link?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I played with one book in this...the correction to fix the "special characters" (displaying as garbage symbols) is in! Woo-hoo!

But, in the book I used as the sample, every single item that had been centered was no longer centered.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just used "Merge Previous"

Minor gripe with the feature that opens the next in the same mode as the current.: If a Stylesheet is current Always CV
I was thinking that the stylesheet could possibly move to the Book Browser window (tabbed), logical in that SS usally affect more than 1 split and this would eliminate the CV<->BV issue. Discussion?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #10
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Many thanks

May I never see this one again!
Quote:
•changed Tidy to handle the common typing mistake of ending entities with a ':' instead of a ';' (issue #535)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
May I never see this one again!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #12
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Thank you so much for the Merge function! It works beautifully.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I'd love to see that article . Got a link?
Check your PM.

Last edited by yekim54; 08-20-2010 at 02:54 PM.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 AM   #14
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Wild cards in Search/Replace? You Betcha! and SO much more powerful than that. You can use "regular expressions" to do lots and lots of things that way.

Do a search on "regular expressions" or "regexp" on this forum (i.e. mobileread itself), or ask a specific question here (i.e the sigil sub-forum). I myself am but a novice regarding this topic so I won't presume to instruct you. But there are many resources available to those who can ask or search. Just sayin'!
Thanks... I did the search and came up with a thread on removing page numbers and such, but it didn't seem to have any firm method. And my eyes kind of glazed over, because I just don't exactly understand how the regexp works or even where it works. May try searching again when I have more time.

Thanks for the info on installing though, need to go download the new version! And I should probably donate!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
Kendal
Kendal began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
What happened to the Sigil/scratchpad directory? I used it a LOT to edit the images in my ebooks--especially when there were ones I wanted to compress or (more importantly) a great many of them I wanted to delete. It was so much easier to delete all the images in the directory and then save the ebook than to delete them one-by-one from the interface. I installed 2.4 this weekend and now that directory is always empty! I've seen some very nice new features with 2.4, but (for me) none worth losing that ability.
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote