Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
I think I just made my battery worse

I had old August firmware on my PP when it arrived, but it went for 5 days with the battery on 4 full bars. Last night I updated to new firmware V2.02ASTAK.09.09.07 and tonight I am down to 3 bars. Could be just coincidence, so I will monitor closely to see how it goes from here.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I had old August firmware on my PP when it arrived, but it went for 5 days with the battery on 4 full bars. Last night I updated to new firmware V2.02ASTAK.09.09.07 and tonight I am down to 3 bars. Could be just coincidence, so I will monitor closely to see how it goes from here.
That is the firmware I have and I easily get a week of regular use.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
I have that firmware too. I think I may try the BeBook Mini firmware.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is the firmware I have and I easily get a week of regular use.
Yes, but you are supposed to get a lot more than that. 7000 page turns is more like a month.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Yes, but you are supposed to get a lot more than that. 7000 page turns is more like a month.
Huh!
I read a few thousand pages a week
7K is a theoretical maximum, like car MPG Very few people get that.
I am very happy with only one charge per week.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Huh!
I read a few thousand pages a week
7K is a theoretical maximum, like car MPG Very few people get that.
I am very happy with only one charge per week.
I see. OTOH I read a few hundred a week unless I am on vacation, so I'd expect a month between recharges
Old 11-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
From the few clues we've received from various places, it seems that the September firmware release 'added' a bug that leaves the CPU (or something) running (as least partially), even when in keyboard lock mode. The October release (the Jinke build of 20091015) which was posted on the Jinke site on Oct 17th, appears to have fixed that. Astak is supposed to get 'their' version of that build up on their website soon. Why it takes a month, I haven't a clue...
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
From the few clues we've received from various places, it seems that the September firmware release 'added' a bug that leaves the CPU (or something) running (as least partially), even when in keyboard lock mode. The October release (the Jinke build of 20091015) which was posted on the Jinke site on Oct 17th, appears to have fixed that. Astak is supposed to get 'their' version of that build up on their website soon. Why it takes a month, I haven't a clue...
I beleive Astak found some new bugs in Jinke's firmware that they are fixing, and it will be posted sometime this coming week.

Looks like they learned a lesson
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote