Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
myu106
myu106 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Unhappy All operations are Invliad

My 505 is totally out of order.

A few days ago, I am unable to read books in my SD card; well, it is not a big deal

Then, something serious happened.

1) I can use the Power switch to "turn off" the reader, but I cannot turn it on anymore (the screen just blinks once) ! I have to reset the reader

2) After the reader is reset & restarted, it does show info like how many books are available. But no matter which button I click, I always get the Invalid Operation icon at the bottom right corner. I can do nothing now.

What's the problem it is?

Last edited by myu106; 10-14-2009 at 06:40 PM.
myu106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
You could try a hard reset described here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony...der#Hard_Reset

If that doesnt fix it, youll need to send it back to sony for service (check their website)
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
myu106

Thanks. I tried but it does not work.

I presses Bookmark and Vol+ and got the interface to ask me if I want to press 5 to restore everything. I press 5 and the screen turns black and then the machine is off.

I then turn the machine on. But it still show 6 books by title. And still, whatever button I press, I get the Invalid Operation icon at the bottom right.

505's quality is really bad. My first 505's power switch was out of order in 1 month after purchase and this is the replacement, and it is dead after one yet, too.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
myu106

By the way, once I come to the All-operations-are-Invalid-operation "mode", if I connect 505 with PC, it does not response. I can see three removable disks from My Computer but I cannot enter none of them.

Only if I pin the reset button, have the machine restart, connect 505 with PC right after the "starting up" shows up, then I can read the content in the removable disk.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Have you tried doing a format of the internal memory from the device? To do a format, go to Settings/Advanced Settings.

Good luck!
dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert