Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
mariofuks
mariofuks began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
devide not connnected

I am trying to send my books to my kindle, but I keek receiving the message that de "device is nor connnected". The strange thing is that my kindle appears as a device in the Calibre toolbar and I can click on it and see the books that aree in my kindle in Calibre. I also see my kindle as a device in wondows explorer. The strange think is that the first time a used Calibre I did not have any problem sending the books to kindle. After that, I started having this problem.
mariofuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, mariofuks

Which version of Calibre are you using? With the new ones, you don't connect your k to the computer....you use the "email" feature.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
make sure you are not connecting another device like an iphone or ipad at the same time as your kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
mariofuks
mariofuks began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
make sure you are not connecting another device like an iphone or ipad at the same time as your kindle.
I am not connecting another device. I just found out what is happennig. When I deleted the folder wth my digital books, it Clibre worked fine again. It sees like Calibre starts giving me problems after I edit metadata. I do this because I mostly manage and convert my articles which are in pdf. I put a lot of new details, like page number, volume and the name of the journal. It seems like these actions (or convertion) are responsible for Calibre strarting not functionig properly.

I use Kindle DX and Calibre 0.7.27 and I use Windows 7.
mariofuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Wait you're saying that after editing metadata you can no longer send books to the device? Does the device not connected message have a show details button? If it does, click it and post the details.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert