Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
lizj
lizj began at the beginning.

Device: none
another kindle question

I am very interested in the Kindle 3. Briefly, I am a native English speaker, live in Spain, work outside Spain much of the year (south asia)and have a spanish credit card. I speak very little spanish and will buy most/all books for the foreseeable futute in English. My reading is primarily crime fiction, and most of that European, as well as autobiographies and magazines - mostly British.

I purchase paper books and DVDs from Amazon UK but have discovered that I cannot buy either the Kindle or any e-books from them.

Can anyone offer advice as to what would be the easiest way of purchasing a Kindle with all instructions etc in English - either online or in a store in Spain? Our nearest major city is Granada. And then for purchasing books?

thank you!
lizj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I think that the Kindle is shipped with English as the primary language and that you have to choose a different language. I could be wrong about that.

As for the books you can buy, check the Amazon store right now. You should be able to see what type of books you can buy with a Spanish address and credit card. If you feel that the selection is limited there are posts in the Kindle board that can help you get around the geographic restrictions.

If you are a native English speaker I am assuming that you are not a Spanish citizen or you perhaps have dual citizenship. If that is the case and you are a British Subject or American Citizen then you should have legal access to one of those two stores.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizj View Post

Can anyone offer advice as to what would be the easiest way of purchasing a Kindle with all instructions etc in English - either online or in a store in Spain? Our nearest major city is Granada. And then for purchasing books?

thank you!
Have you tried the U.S. Kindle store. There is a link labled "Live outside the U.S." where you select your country. I chose Spain and the directions were all in English. It appears it would ship from the U.S. and you would pay an additional $10 for the European power adapter plug.

I'm not sure which Kindle store you would purchase content from. My guess would be the U.K. store (the other options are the U.S. or Australia).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
lizj
lizj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you so much for the responses - the last was especially helpful and I am on the Amazon US site right now!
lizj is offline   Reply With Quote