Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
Zero_Ego
Zero_Ego began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647), Mini
Post Kobo Mini

Hi,

I am trying to find out information on the curious little gem. It must be just me, but these things were just so cool. They are a pleasure to use just with a small over head lamp laying back in bed. The screen has such an amazing dynamic range.

Does anyone know where I can find out more about this unit please. I did a search above "Kobo mini" with zero hits. It could be my stupidity. I read on Wikipeadia about a hardware mode, enabling access to it's full 4Gig drive. Also, would anyone have the latest firmware please.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve
Zero_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:16 AM   #2
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Try ebay for any second units.

For the firmware you can download the latest for "Mark 4" devices here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases

Finally, the mini has an internal microsd card which you can replace with a bigger one (i think up to 32 gb is supported). There videos out there for the steps.
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Sony PRS350 is very nice for travelling. Indoors I prefer the larger original Kobo Aura H2O with SD card slot over any other ereader. It would be perfect if it had physical page turn buttons and easier to use text selection like the Kindle. Text selection is worst on all my kobos compared to Kindles, Sonys and my Nook.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basic, firmware, kobo mini