Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Unhappy Need some help here, my 360's display's got the hiccups

Hi guys,
for a couple of months now my 360 has been displaying some ugly lines (see attached photo). It's a variable thing: sometimes they're there, sometimes they're not. Sometimes they cover just 10% of the screen. For a while DJVU files were immune, but that's no longer the case. Posting this problem in this forum has been in my "to do" list for a while, but it wasn't until this past week that I got really fed up with it.
By the way, I upgraded from firmware 14.2 (?) to 15.1 a while ago, hoping that would solve the problem, but it didn't.
By the way, I tried to take a few screenshots of the problem, but it doesn't show! The screenshots came out completely clean.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2568 (Modified).JPG
Views:	349
Size:	641.2 KB
ID:	56657  
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
It looks to me like a display controller problem and something that will have to go back to Pocketbook for hardware repair. Hopefully still under warranty.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
It looks to me like a display controller problem and something that will have to go back to Pocketbook for hardware repair. Hopefully still under warranty.
Yes, controller problem. hardware repair under warranty

BRAIN PLAZA INTERNATIONAL, LLC
202 Admiralty Loop
Staten Island NY 10309

Phone: (914) 374-5067 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (914) 374-5067 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Email: info@pocketbookreader.com
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Yes, controller problem. hardware repair under warranty

BRAIN PLAZA INTERNATIONAL, LLC
202 Admiralty Loop
Staten Island NY 10309

Phone: (914) 374-5067 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (914) 374-5067 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Email: info@pocketbookreader.com
Forkosigan, your info is a bit outdated.
Francesco, please contact PocketBook USA service center:
email: service@pocketbook-usa.com
phone: 1 877 326 0196, ext 2
hours: 8am-6pm CST, Monday to Friday

And the return address is printed on the warranty coupon.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
thanks for the quick response!!! I'll start looking for the warranty coupon.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert