Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
4youreyes
Enthusiast
4youreyes doesn't litter4youreyes doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Unhappy DOWNLOAD HELP

Pleas help,I have been using mobi to download my e-books and it has worked great Then I updated to the 6.2 version .Now when I go to download I get this message amazon kindle is not connected please connect it and press o.k to continue .It is plugged in!! I am using windows xp I have reinstalled and repaired no luck Any more suggestions please Thanks Wendy
4youreyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4youreyes View Post
Pleas help,I have been using mobi to download my e-books and it has worked great Then I updated to the 6.2 version .Now when I go to download I get this message amazon kindle is not connected please connect it and press o.k to continue
I responded to this same message in another thread. 6.2 does not support the Kindle. The removed the support. I think it worked up to v6.0.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
4youreyes
Enthusiast

I found a 6.0 version on the yahoo groups site and downloaded it Problem solved Thanks Wendy
Old 01-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
4youreyes, could you post that link? I can't seem to find it...I have the 6.2 version. Thanks!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
4youreyes
Enthusiast

Hope this is right if let me knowurl]https://www.mobileread.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif[/url. It is in the kindlekorner group in yahoo groups under links. GOOD LUCK

Last edited by 4youreyes; 01-27-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: wrong link
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
4youreyes
Enthusiast

sorry had the wrong linkhttp://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AKB_Se2QbDSTsPBKfUAdoIpX2ECI39v-OHXweqU5RRy96xffbm5ktAudnLEigmOa6czzc85tmh2h7cTc5E R1j-NEBWHApi2W8rVrc-4/mobireadersetup6.0.msihttp://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AKB_Se2...ersetup6.0.msi not sure how to copy these links it's under FILE not links sorry
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
4youreyes
Enthusiast

I just clicked on the blue underlined section and the mobi file came up to save.Hope this does it for you
Old 01-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you are on the page where the link is, you can 'right click' on the address bar, then choose "copy' from the menu you see.
Then put your cursor on the message body, right click again, and choose 'paste'.

When you click 'submit reply', it automatically turns into a link.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

worked perfectly, thanks!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:08 AM   #10
dumky
dumky began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC
The link is dead again. Anyone have a backup copy posted somewhere?
dumky is offline   Reply With Quote