Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
littlepeach
littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.littlepeach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Post How the iPhone 5 Has Affected the Smartphone Market

Read an interesting findings today to know what are smartphone users planning to get next.

"78% of current iPhone owners plan to buy a new iPhone in the next 6 months.Only 9% of current iPhone owners are considering a switch to Android" What do you think?
littlepeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
well since i cant zoom into your picture and zooming in the page just blures it i cant say one way or the other, but i find it highly dubious that your first and only post at first glance looks like its a troll to ge the apple haters all foaming at the mouth.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I think that there there are almost no free apps in the App Store. People that have had an Apple phone for a 2-year contract (or more) probably have quite a bit invested in the ecosystem...makes it hard to switch.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
So 9% iPhone are unhappy? Trouble in paradise?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I guess what you would have to compare is how many android users are thinking of switching to iPhone. If that number was only 3% then you would be bleeding 6% of your base to Android every 6 months. That's pretty significant.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepeach View Post
Read an interesting findings today to know what are smartphone users planning to get next.

"78% of current iPhone owners plan to buy a new iPhone in the next 6 months.Only 9% of current iPhone owners are considering a switch to Android" What do you think?
This is crap. Most people are on a plan and will upgrade or change once that plan expires. When that happens (and not very likely before in such a volatile market) they will make their decision.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd like to know what percentage of those who preordered the new iPhone originally had one.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
well since i cant zoom into your picture and zooming in the page just blures it i cant say one way or the other, but i find it highly dubious that your first and only post at first glance looks like its a troll to ge the apple haters all foaming at the mouth.
http://www.redmondpie.com/a-detailed...h-infographic/

You can see the bigger version of it here.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Yeah, well, my wife "planned" on buying a 4S while I "planned" on buying a cheap Android phone with a 4" screen or smaller. Until we walked into Sprint and saw the big beautiful Android phones in person and realized that despite popular belief, they fit just fine in our pockets, all that extra screen was very nice, and all the extra features looked pretty useful. They are not perfect phones, no phone is, but we have no regrets. Still in love with the functionality and flexibility Android offers.

Veering back to topic, I guess I don't really care what any of the surveys say or who has the best market share or what phone looks the best or is magical. I want something durable, fully featured, and that allows me to use what I want and how I want to without resorting to jailbreaking or rooting. For me, right now, that's Android by a mile. For others I understand that means iPhone, and that's fine, just don't claim it's the be-all end-all of phones, or that some consumer survey proves it's the best.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
I want something durable, fully featured, and that allows me to use what I want and how I want to without resorting to jailbreaking or rooting. For me, right now, that's Android by a mile.

Enjoy your device.

ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
there's no such thing as cheap android if you want a top smartphone
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
vans
Zealot
vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Elonix 621eb, Asus Transformer, Sony PRS505
I have little brand loyalty with phones. I tend to buy used smartphones off ebay and switch them every few months as the fancy takes me.

I always avoid the newest handsets and wait for them to be discounted.

Over the last year or so I have had 3 HTC and two Sony mid to high end Android phones.

However, when I was planning a trip to America I discovered only the iPhone could pick up full 3G in both the UK and America so bought an IPhone 4.

My next purchase will almost certainly be a Windows 8 phone.

Personally I find each phone and OS has it's own strengths and weaknesses.
vans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I'm not entirely locked-in but my investment in iTunes apps & music makes it most likely I'll buy an iPhone again.

I'm mostly considering whether or not to move back to Verizon from AT&T. That'd improve my worldwide data coverage but I'd lose simultaneous voice and cellular data capability.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I'm not entirely locked-in but my investment in iTunes apps & music makes it most likely I'll buy an iPhone again.

I'm mostly considering whether or not to move back to Verizon from AT&T. That'd improve my worldwide data coverage but I'd lose simultaneous voice and cellular data capability.
or you could get an ipod touch for yout itunes content and a windows/android or bb phone for your everything else!
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
tango7
fully engaged
tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, kindle touch
where all old iPhones go?
bureau?
ebay?
tango7 is offline   Reply With Quote