Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
sale on sony prs-t2

just got an email from sony with a link to discounted prs-t2. this is still too expensive compared to kobo and b&n but i suppose it shows that sony is trying to do something

thomas
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/rd-rea...eml-7700313736
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Is that 99 pounds? That's like about $129 US? Regular price!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was 119 pounds
Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Is that 99 pounds? That's like about $129 US? Regular price!
In any case, UK prices include 20% VAT (an EU/UK sales tax) so one sixth of a UK price is tax... so your $129 regular price would be $155 equivalent...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If they'd released it at this price they might have done a little better.... but even now, if I were to walk into a high street shop in the UK and look at what's available, I can buy a lighted e-reader with higher resolution screen for the same price (Kobo Glo), why would I buy a Sony?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
thomasn75
Groupie

Totally agree. Let's hope t3 blows us away
Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
Flip Martian
Connoisseur
Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.Flip Martian is that somebody.

Device: Sony PRS 350, iPad, Sony PRS-T1
99 UKP is about as cheap as a new Sony reader has ever been here. The old 5" 350 was more than that, list price.

I tried a Kobo Glo the other day...can't say it impressed me much. My T1 seems easier on the eye.

I don't expect my paper books to have built in lights - I don't expect my e-reader to either. Maybe I'm in a minority on that one.
Flip Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Martian View Post
I don't expect my paper books to have built in lights - I don't expect my e-reader to either. Maybe I'm in a minority on that one.
+1 Same here!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
thomasn75
Groupie

Nothing wrong with a bit of progress. I am currently straining my arm using my t1 with lighted cover - built in light sounds good to me
Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #10
Skillganon
Connoisseur
Skillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony prs 600 and T2
Guys this is supposed to be a book replacement, if you want the dispay lighted buy a tablet.

I have just bought the T2 to replace an aging 600, it is for many reasons one of the best devices on the market, just not the cheapest.
It does however have possibly the wost software ever written, thank god for calibre
Skillganon is offline   Reply With Quote