Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #61
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Sometimes Kobo expires coupon codes earlier than advertised. The recent $1 off coupon stopped working about 3 hours before midnight EST on the day that it was actually supposed to expire.

But they put up new codes pretty frequently.
Why have a coupon expiry time advertised and then expire it sooner? It said on the site 11:59pm, I was trying to purchase a good half hour before that.

Poor form.

I'd have thought time zones had something to do with it if I weren't in the same damn city as Kobo HO.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #62
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Well, it's Kobo. They have this occasional tendency to make incomprehensible business-management decisions, much like any of the other stores.

But at least if you were wanting to use a particular coupon and couldn't due to premature expiry, generally another one of the same type will pop up eventually. Most of the time.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #63
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Well, it's Kobo. They have this occasional tendency to make incomprehensible business-management decisions, much like any of the other stores.

But at least if you were wanting to use a particular coupon and couldn't due to premature expiry, generally another one of the same type will pop up eventually. Most of the time.
Suppose It's just as well, since I just found a better one on another site that worked perfectly.

save25kobo gets you 25% off books, supposedly unlimited use. I just did it 3x, which would lend weight to that statement.

I just wanted to buy my books, and I did better than I had originally expected to- 25% is certainly better than 20%. Can't complain.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #64
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Added code feb11ca1 to OP. Save $3 when you buy 3 e-books. Expires February 13.

Coinin, the code save25kobo has been included in the OP for weeks.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #65
coinín
dust bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
Added code feb11ca1 to OP. Save $3 when you buy 3 e-books. Expires February 13.

Coinin, the code save25kobo has been included in the OP for weeks.
Still, isn't it kind of nice to know it's still working? I wouldn't have expected it to. I was surprised to find it still up when more recent ones had already expired.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #66
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
These coupons are great - I haven't bought a full price ebook from kobo for months - if ever! Pleased to know the save25kobo still works.

But I have a new "vow" - to stop buying ebooks until I have read the approx 20 I already have that are sitting in my "I'm Reading" list! I need to disable the "Buy now" button.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #67
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
But I have a new "vow" - to stop buying ebooks until I have read the approx 20 I already have that are sitting in my "I'm Reading" list!
Whyever would you do that?
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #68
tuffykenwell
tuffykenwell began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
Whyever would you do that?
I agree <gasp> I have never heard such an outlandish thing LOL!

Steph
tuffykenwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #69
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Added code feb18ca20 to OP. 20% off expiring Feb 21.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #70
msjo
msjo doesn't littermsjo doesn't litter

Device: Blackberry Playbook
save25kobo still works

I used the latest code feb18ca20 this morning and bought two books. Then I got on the forum and started reading this thread. I just went back to kobo.com and tried save25kobo and it still works!
msjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #71
G0AT
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjo View Post
I used the latest code feb18ca20 this morning and bought two books. Then I got on the forum and started reading this thread. I just went back to kobo.com and tried save25kobo and it still works!
Thanks for the update, msjo. Good to know this thread continues to serve a purpose.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #72
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Yeah, I used save25kobo this week. This thread is where I got the code.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #73
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I've been using the 20% weekend code; it works fine. I just saw the note for the 25% off. Oh well. I do find I am buying the lion's share of my books from Kobo, not Amazon. Prices are generally similar but the discount code almost always leave things in favour of Kobo, even after tax. Amazon has a considerably larger selection of books I am looking for, and I really like the wifi management of my library with Kindle.

On balance, happy with both ... and I hope Kobo continues to offer % discounts as these just seem cleaner to me when browsing.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #74
G0AT
Addict

Added code feb23ca1 to the OP. Unlimited use $1 off coupon, expires Feb. 25.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #75
coinín
dust bunny

This was posted in the Deals section, thought it was worth bringing over here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
Discount code: feb25au30
Unlimited use

Offer valid from February 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM GMT through to February 27, 2011 at 11:59 PM GMT. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for 30% off any select eBook purchases excluding Hachette Book Group and all respective subsidiary imprints. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
If you change the "au" to "ca", it works in Canada. I suspect changing it to "us" would work in the States, too.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals