Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What should be published on cat first?
Complete Works of Shakespeare 4 16.00%
Secret Life of Cats 2 8.00%
Cats (libretto) 1 4.00%
Some other cat book 3 12.00%
The blue one next to the fish 12 48.00%
Sights a bird by moejoe 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Cat media

I have been told reliably by a man on IRC that all books will soon be written on cats.
Since this seems a convenient feline solution to the publishing problem, I just thought I'd ask: what do you want to see published on cat first?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You know, I was going to respond but I noticed that my answers were sufficiently warped to bother even _me_.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You know, I was going to respond but I noticed that my answers were sufficiently warped to bother even _me_.
Why am I really really curious?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #4
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Aw come on you cant post that and then not say what you were about to post, its not like we would judge you or anything like that.

<readies tar, feathers, torches and pitchforks>
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:23 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Aw come on you cant post that and then not say what you were about to post, its not like we would judge you or anything like that.

<readies tar, feathers, torches and pitchforks>
Second that!

And I'd love to read all about the secret life of cats... (I must still equip my cat with a video cam so I can actually see where he's gone that day)
(something like this)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
How about these?

Cats: Tales from the Litterbox

Cats speak out...
from the belly of the tigershark

On my 9th Life
Memoirs of a cat

I think I'm actually a minority here on MR though..... I'm not a cat person.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:40 AM   #7
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Humph, I'd be fascinated to see the idiot who tries to write ANYTHING on a cat? I mean, sedated? And what with? And how are people supposed to read it off the feline once it's then finished?
It sounds almost as silly as getting Pshrynk to write his stories on his boat....
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:45 AM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Humph, I'd be fascinated to see the idiot who tries to write ANYTHING on a cat? I mean, sedated? And what with? And how are people supposed to read it off the feline once it's then finished?
It sounds almost as silly as getting Pshrynk to write his stories on his boat....
Sharpie pen might work. Dunno if you'll need to sedate or not - be a sport and try it out for us, would you?
As for reading, I recommend holding the cat firmly but softly.
Pshrynk may have ideas..

Old 07-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
How about these?

Cats: Tales from the Litterbox

Cats speak out...
from the belly of the tigershark

On my 9th Life
Memoirs of a cat

I think I'm actually a minority here on MR though..... I'm not a cat person.
You need to be a cat person to read a cat?
Not familiar with the titles mentioned - I was tempted to add '101 Ways to Skin a Cat' but felt divine retribution would soon come..
Old 07-23-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Don't be shy, more answers the better!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I have been told reliably by a man on IRC that all books will soon be written on cats.
Since this seems a convenient feline solution to the publishing problem, I just thought I'd ask: what do you want to see published on cat first?
Well, since we can now inscribe the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica on the head of a pin*, I'd have thought that on the surface area of a cat (don't forget all those hairs!) we could inscribe all printed books that have ever been produced.

So - I want the entire world's literature on a cat.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Newman_(scientist)

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-23-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: corrected link
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
So - I want the entire world's literature on a cat.
One cat for each language's literature. That way, when someone asks, "Cat got your tongue?" we can say, "Yes, that calico over there does".
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 AM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or we could just limit the number of novels we write on a cat to single-digits, and, oh, I don't know, call it a "Cat-o'-nine-tales".
Old 07-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

We could bring out "audible" versions, and say that it's "like hearding cats".
Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
One cat for each language's literature. That way, when someone asks, "Cat got your tongue?" we can say, "Yes, that calico over there does".
Quote:
Or we could just limit the number of novels we write on a cat to single-digits, and, oh, I don't know, call it a "Cat-o'-nine-tales".
Quote:
We could bring out "audible" versions, and say that it's "like hearding cats".
:groan: x3
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote