Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Thumbs up Kindle 1 battery in stock at Amazon

I just noticed the Kindle 1 battery is back in stock at Amazon.

Didn't see a thread about it and I figured people would be interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-.../dp/B000I6P1UA
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Gee I wonder why they haven't shipped my standing order...(serious).
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
Gee I wonder why they haven't shipped my standing order...(serious).
Cancel it and reorder.

I've had that happen with DVD orders before (where it says it will ship in two weeks or is unavailable even though it is in stock)
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
it sure has a lot of 1 star reviews...it must be crappy
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm surprised to see the low ratings. Granted, I never had to replace my K1 battery, so perhaps I'm just not aware of the problems. Either way, good news for a lot of K1 owners I'm sure.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Just go to ebay or third party and order battery. Waiting 3 months just to get a battery is ridiculous.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
MoboHobo
Banned
MoboHobo began at the beginning.

Agreed, I think some local stores even carry them. I wonder what the hold up was?
MoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Just today, Amazon asked me if I was still willing to keep the battery on order until April 25th. I said yes. Now they show it shipping April 3rd!

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
Just today, Amazon asked me if I was still willing to keep the battery on order until April 25th. I said yes. Now they show it shipping April 3rd!
They asked me the same a few days back; I approved and it shipped yesterday.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I had forgotten about ordering it, it was cancelled in the last fiasco. Now it is due the 1st. At my old address. already shipped ;o(
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #11
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
it sure has a lot of 1 star reviews...it must be crappy
The reviews I read didn't seem to address the quality of the replacement battery itself. Most seemed related to frustration with the out of stock situation and some who had were unhappy with the life of their original battery.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Interesting, I wonder if the battery has undergone improvements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
The reviews I read didn't seem to address the quality of the replacement battery itself. Most seemed related to frustration with the out of stock situation and some who had were unhappy with the life of their original battery.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post

k4k
That's good news, so it's fast.
They are suprisingly cheap, I was expecting the battery to be $50+ for these kinds of devices..
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote