Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > IMP Books (offline)

Notices

Old 06-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Dumas, Alexandre: Marguerite de Valois [La Reine Margot], v.1, 22 June 2008.

Alexandre Dumas (1802-1870)
Marguerite de Valois (La Reine Margot) 1845.
Translated by Sydney Fowler Wright.

From Wikipedia:
“Queen Margot (French La Reine Margot) … is set in Paris in August 1572 during the reign of Charles IX (a member of the Valois dynasty) and the French Wars of Religion. The novel's protagonist is Marguerite de Valois, the daughter of the infamous Catherine de' Medici and the deceased King Henry II, and it focuses on her story during the St Bartholomew's Day Massacre, especially her love affair with the Protestant La Mole and her marriage to Henry IV.”

This is the first of Dumas’s three Valois Romances The others are ‘Chicot the Jester and ‘The Forty-Five Guardsmen.’ I shall be working on these in the next week.

NB The source text had a number of errors, which I have corrected. If you find any more, then please PM me so that I can upload a revised version.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, france, french novels, translations