Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
jckindle
jckindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle fire not playing midi files

I can't seem to get kindle fire to play midi files.

For example, on this site that I really like, kindle fire player doesn't work: http://hymntime.com/tch/htm/i/i/g/iigowise.htm

Another one http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/ns/367 (midi files don't play)

Is there some plugin I have to install on kindle fire to play midi files? In the contents formats supported (http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Am.../dp/B0051VVOB2), it says the fire can play midi files, so I don't understand where the problem is.

Thank you so much for any help.
jckindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Might need a different app to play them
Maybe Winamp.
you can get it at the 1mobile app store

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-27-2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: added winamp
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
There's an app on the Google Marketplace called MODo that I use that works fairly well. I use it to play some chiptunes from NES and SNES games on my phone. If you can grab the APK for it from somewhere, it would probably work for you.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
My Mac can't even play MIDIs correctly, if that makes you feel any better. I think whatever audio codec changed, it took a hit to MIDIs, because they all sound wonky now.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote