Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Kindle NT Collection Question

Hey all,

I finally got my first Kindle as an early xmas present! I am enjoying it a lot and recently hooked up to wi-fi and enabled the collections feature. I created the collection and moved the books into them... but the books are also still showing outside the collection. I tried to delete them from outside the collection but it deleted it from the collection as well. Is there anyway to just have them be in the collections and not show up on the main screen?

Thanks!

Last edited by Laura81; 12-16-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Any books I've put in collections on the reader have taken them off the main page. I do know deleting them from the home page will remove them entirely off the reader.

Select the book you want by putting the curser under it. Right click on the 5 way pad, click on add to collection then pick the collection you want the book it. That'll do it.

How did you move the books into your collection - on the device or the software? The above way works perfectly fine for me to take them off the home page(s).
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi shopaholic,

I did as you described above but they still are staying on the home page as well :/
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You don't "move" a book into a collection. A collection is not a folder, it's just a "tag" that's attached to a file. You can attach as many tags as you wish to a file - the file doesn't move as a result.

Whether or not you SEE books which are not members of a collection does of course depend on what view you select on your home page. You will see them in "Author" or "Title" view; you won't see them in "Collections" view.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Laura81
Addict

Ah yes! Thank you Harry T, that did it! I had the view as "recently viewed" and changed it to "collections". Screen looks like it I want it to now. Thanks
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're very welcome. Happy to help.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Hey all,

I finally got my first Kindle as an early xmas present! I am enjoying it a lot and recently hooked up to wi-fi and enabled the collections feature. I created the collection and moved the books into them... but the books are also still showing outside the collection. I tried to delete them from outside the collection but it deleted it from the collection as well. Is there anyway to just have them be in the collections and not show up on the main screen?

Thanks!
I see you finally got one! How are you liking it so far? I know it's a huge change from your previous reader.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
Laura81
Addict

I love it! The quality of the screen is awesome!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #9
demonseye316
demonseye316 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
is there a way to create collections on kindle touch SO without registering it first? the k touch screen is awesome!!!
demonseye316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No. A Kindle has to be registered in order to create collections. Is there a reason that you're unable to register it?

Tags
collections, kindle 4