Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 03-24-2003, 05:44 PM   #31
Ronindvm
Ronindvm began at the beginning.

Maybe it was a cookie but I don't know how. I did everyting the same today that I've been doing for the last month and it worked even though it hasn't worked for 4 weeks. The only thing that I changed was my inclusion and exclusion criteria. I can't see how that would cause the problem though since I had such large files.
Thanks for looking at it for me.

Jon
Old 03-26-2003, 04:59 PM   #32
kstuart
kstuart began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70
I hate to register for every web site, so I avoid doing so.

Thus, I was pleased to find that you can access the NY Times online by going through excite.com - without registering.

You can go to:

http://news.excite.com/provider/id/nyt.html

just to read online, I'll leave it as an exercise for NYT fans to figure out how to make this an Isilo link, since I haven't any desire to read NYT on my PDA.

However, just looking at the links they provide, they all start with:

http://rd.excite.com/rd?redir=

and end with:

&partner=EXCITE

and everything in between looks like a normal NYT story link.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:22 AM   #33
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
kstuart,

this is a really great alternative. Not only does it avoid registration, but also is it less gfx-intensive, thus looking better on a PDA screen.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2003, 06:52 PM   #34
broth
broth began at the beginning.

NYT - going beyond depth of one

Thanks for the info on setting up the NYT here. It works for me. My qestion is how to get beyond a depth of one. When I select a section under the text page like International I get all the links but then I realized that some artciles went beyond one page. So I changed the depth to 3 and found that my file took forever and went from 300k to 2 meg. I had the inclusion filter set to only look at pages that had \/internationbal\/.

Any ideas on how to get around this issue?

thanks