Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #16
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
My experience is that HTC makes nice gadgets.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #17
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Really? You must have had a bad experience. I think they are all a bit shady and less than truthful, but I'd be interested in hearing why.

I was actually considering going with a Google phone and Verizon...
Well, I won't go into all the details (it would be a LONG post), but basically, over a 6 month period, they continuously added, and/or changed the features on my plan (my wife and 3 kids - so 5 phones in all) so that all I was sure of was my bill would be somewhere between 200 and 800 dollars. This included them taking away the unlimited messaging (which we were paying extra for) on the one kids' phone - the kid who was doing the most texting. This happened twice.

Over that 6 month period I had to call them EVERY time I got a bill, and send them the previous emails to get them to (supposedly) correct the settings on my account and re-set the amount due to what it was supposed to be.

If we had not had copies of the emails we had sent and received with their customer disservice department, we would have been on the hook for an amount in the THOUSANDS of dollars because they kept altering/adding services and features on our account without our knowledge or consent. And my wife and I were the only ones on the account authorized to do ANYTHING with adding/altering features.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 04:51 AM   #18
bob1xxx
Zealot
bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle k3 and k2 and White Aluratek Libre Pro
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
I pray they'll work with someone besides Verizon. I refuse to do business with organizations that are as shady and dishonest as Verizon.
Really So I guess you don't own a cell phone there all one variety of dirt bag or another The only reason I'm going with verizon right know is there excellent usable coverage at work , home and were I travel and play verizon's coverage is the best not necessary the fastest but Ive got usable coverage everywhere I go. And don't worry I sure sprint and tmobile are fast at work creating the own ipad toys too
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Dang. That's not good. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Well, I won't go into all the details (it would be a LONG post), but basically, over a 6 month period, they continuously added, and/or changed the features on my plan (my wife and 3 kids - so 5 phones in all) so that all I was sure of was my bill would be somewhere between 200 and 800 dollars. This included them taking away the unlimited messaging (which we were paying extra for) on the one kids' phone - the kid who was doing the most texting. This happened twice.

Over that 6 month period I had to call them EVERY time I got a bill, and send them the previous emails to get them to (supposedly) correct the settings on my account and re-set the amount due to what it was supposed to be.

If we had not had copies of the emails we had sent and received with their customer disservice department, we would have been on the hook for an amount in the THOUSANDS of dollars because they kept altering/adding services and features on our account without our knowledge or consent. And my wife and I were the only ones on the account authorized to do ANYTHING with adding/altering features.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #20
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I haven't had a problem with Verizon, not really. Somehow, in renewing our contract with them from the Alltel one we had when it was bought out, the insurance on my daughter's phone was dropped. I didn't realize this because the bill we got shortly after still had an insurance charge. The next month's bill came and I noticed there was no insurance charged for her phone. I called, and they told me first that I should have called within the first 30 days if I wanted insurance because it was too late. I explained that I had told them to put the insurance on all the phones (we are accident prone), and had thought it was taken care of. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the problem was cleared up. They instated the insurance and backdated it to within the 30 days. Of all the phones to not have insurance one, it would have to be my daughter's. We have yet to get through a contract with ONE phone for her. Usually it is 2 or 3.

And we do not have an option on providers where we are, ONLY Verizon gets reception here, and that only within the last two years, because they put up a tower after much begging from our small town. Before that the only place to get reception was in the home stands of the football stadium, at the top, on the south end. And only if you stood just right. LOL
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #21
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Wow, that is absolutely horrible. If I were you I wouldn't use Verizon either. That said, I've been with them for 14 years and in recent years added extra lines for the kids. Never had a rogue charge. As a matter of fact they've contacted me to work out a cheaper plan for my needs at least twice. Same with the FIOS end, no bad charges and they've contacted me with cheaper options.

Quote:

TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:01 AM   #22
bob1xxx
Zealot
bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle k3 and k2 and White Aluratek Libre Pro
Wink Well Yes that verizon experance both sucks and blows....

Quote:

Well that is a bad experience but check any cell phone forums site like Howardsforums.com you'll see similar horror stores from sprint (boat load and boat loads from) ATT , tmoblie , verizon, etc.... . The moral to the stories is check you bill every freaking month period! Make a changes in your plan, best due it in store and get a hard copy print out and check your account online as soon as possible to see if the changes stick correctly to your account. Check check and re check your mailed or online statement. That said Ive never had a billing problem with verizon (knocks wood) but I check every months statement for problems. Yes were I work I can get a 20% discount on any of majors (att , sprint, verizon and Tmobile) . For me right now verizon's excellent usable coverage and price seal the deal for me. I'd love to see adam based pad computer running a linux or windows 7 lite operating system with real flash based internet with a 7" to 10" matt finished screen, with a nice ebook reader app built in that would be cool as long is not a over priced crapple oops Apple product.
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #23
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1xxx View Post
Well that is a bad experience but check any cell phone forums site like Howardsforums.com you'll see similar horror stores from sprint (boat load and boat loads from) ATT , tmoblie , verizon, etc.... .
You're right about checking the bill every month (and thank God I did!) And I'll admit that you'll find horror stories with every carrier, but Verizon is the only one that has tried to screw me so badly (I've been with Sprint and AT&T and never had a problem). So, any time someone asks, I will absolutely try to talk them out of going with Verizon. One time mistakes I can understand. Consistently screwing up/screwing with me, just pisses me off.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #24
junkml
Addict

A post that's back on topic

I will say I'm impressed with the Google OS, so I'm very interested to see the capabilities/design of a Google Pad. G-Pad? G-Tab?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #25
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
A post that's back on topic

I will say I'm impressed with the Google OS, so I'm very interested to see the capabilities/design of a Google Pad. G-Pad? G-Tab?

Yep. I'm looking forward to what they come up with.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #26
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Yep, I have several friends with AT&T (most with iPhones).

Countless times they've had no or poor reception and I've had good reception with Verizon. Never has the opposite been true in my experience.

I've had Verizon for years, get a 20% discount for being a state employee as well, so it's a no brainer for me. Though I think there's a similar discount with AT&T.

It is because the iPhone gets horrible reception. That is why I main the Droid now, the call quality is a million times better then the iPhone.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #27
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
It is because the iPhone gets horrible reception. That is why I main the Droid now, the call quality is a million times better then the iPhone.
Not just iPhone though. Had similar experience with people with other AT&T phones before and after the iPhone was out.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #28
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
It really depends where you are. In my neighborhood, both T-Mo and Verizon have shaking coverage while ATT has the strongest coverage.

I played with a Droid at the Verizon Store and I was not impressed with it at all but that's just me.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #29
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
It really depends where you are. In my neighborhood, both T-Mo and Verizon have shaking coverage while ATT has the strongest coverage.

I played with a Droid at the Verizon Store and I was not impressed with it at all but that's just me.
Unless you looked at the Incredible, all the other Android phones at Verizon are still on OS 1.x, which is definitely sub-par.

But OS 2.1 is close to iPhone quality, and hopefully 2.2, coming out in a week, will be better. And it has Flash, and integrated Google Voice, and cloud sync.

I have high hopes for the Android tablets. Just like I had for the iPad.

Maybe this time I'll be happier with the real products.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #30
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Unless you looked at the Incredible, all the other Android phones at Verizon are still on OS 1.x, which is definitely sub-par.
I have seen the Incredible and I was not impressed with it.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote