Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
Duplicated Shelves

Hello,

just got the firmware update for my Glo (2.3.1) and noticed this issue:
After using calibre (copyied some books onto the reader, acrivated series support in the kobo module, ...) I realized that some shelves on the Glo have been duplicated. For example, I have two shelves named "Thriller" and in both of them is the same book inside. I'm not able to delete one of the shelves. After removing all of the books inside of them, calibre deletes the shelf. After re-adding the books, most of the shelves are ok, but in one case, a shelf has been duplicated again.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the new firmware and/or the activated series support of the kobo module, but this is the first time I noticed the problem.

Can someone confirm this? Or have a solution?

Thanks and best regards
beedaddy

Last edited by beedaddy; 12-19-2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: typo
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Unfortunately it seems to be a Kobo server related issue.

I personally had success with the following approacj.

Attached my Kobo to the PC
Using any tool capable of working on SQLite databases updated the _isdeleted column to true in the Shelf table on all the "old" shelves. I based "old" on the values found in the LastModified column of the same table.

Once these rows had been updated, I did a WiFi sync to Kobo, and then also did a sync (with the Kobo detached) of Kobo Desktop.

Your milage may vary.

Do take backups of the database if you do try this.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You might want to read this thread for info on this problem.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 AM   #4
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
Thanks to both of you. That helped me much.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
Thanks to both of you. That helped me much.
I am the author of the other thread. I have done what has been advised and I can guarantee that if you clean the sqlite tables, you can actually adjust your shelves. And you can safley connect to Calibre.

I can also guarantee that as soon as you reconnect to the desktop app via USB, the mess shall return.

Hopefully they shall soon fix the problem.

Cheers
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert