Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #436
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
D: corruptor!
[you know you want to buy it]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #437
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
My name is Don and I am an ebook and Reader addict. I always have an excuse why I should get another book or reader, even though I only read one at a time. I justify getting a new Reader by telling myself that I will give the oldest one to a deserving soul and thereby convert them to my addiction.

If I find an author who has a series, I am compelled to read every book in the series. If I can't find it in the elibrary in my county, I buy it. (Falco/Davis is my latest addiction, although Connelly/Bosch, Block/Burglar and Wambaugh are not far behind). When a book I need is not yet out in eform I develop a cold sweat and fear that something is missing from my life. The compulsion to find the missing book overcomes me.

I have not yet hit bottom and therefore not realized my need to end my addiction. I try to live day by day, but can't stop from thinking what my next three books to read will be.

I am trying to rely on my higher power to help me, but then worry that there not be ebooks in heaven.

Help me.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #438
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailN View Post
I've not bought a book in two weeks. I get lots of freebies.. some of my best friends are published authors... However, I like to support them too so I normally buy their books.

So all you ebookf junkies out there... whats the largest amount of ebooks have you bought at one time.

I'm loving this thread. Had personal tragedy and thanks to the comments on this thread it's bought a smile to my face.
Hi Gail! I'm glad our silly antics made you smile. It's been exactly two weeks for me too! And I've only gotten about 7 or 8 freebies in that time. (If you read my earlier posts, then you know I've got a bit of a freebie hording problem in addition to the buying problem.)

The most I've ever bought at one time was 11, during a Fictionwise sale. I know there are others here who have beat that number during the same sale. For paper books, my record haul was about 40 books in one day, but they were used an cheap (community yard sale).

Toodles,
LeBrat (aka CWN)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #439
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
*nudge* *nudge*
[push that button]
[you know you want to click on that BUY button]
[they're already in your cart]
[I won't tell anyone]
*nudge* *nudge*
Quote:
*nudge* *nudge*
Quote:
[you know you want to buy it]
Me sees that the chikkin is causing trouble again... You're either feeling better, or you're bored because you're still sick and choose to entertain yourself by causing people to fall- no, JUMP off the wagon.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #440
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
*nudge* *nudge*
[push that button]
[you know you want to click on that BUY button]
[they're already in your cart]
[I won't tell anyone]
*nudge* *nudge*
*Repeats mantra * - I will resist all temptation, I will not buy that book. Though many deserving books want a home a to-read pile longer than what most people read in their lifetime is enough. I do not need to buy any more books. I do not need to buy more books...
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #441
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
*Repeats mantra * - I will resist all temptation, I will not buy that book. Though many deserving books want a home a to-read pile longer than what most people read in their lifetime is enough. I do not need to buy any more books. I do not need to buy more books...
*nudge* *nudge*
[picture a deserving ebook with big brown eyes and a wagging tail - who deserves a loving home]
Old 06-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #442
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I love this thread. I didn't discover it until there were 21 pages. Read them all and you made me laugh out loud (not at your expense).

I used to have this problem, but I am so underemployed now and have so many ebooks and paper books that I really can't buy any except now and then. I don't buy much of anything besides food.

The publisher-set prices have also made me break my buying habit.

I'm currently reading a library ebook.

My addiction started with paper books from Amazon. Before I became a Prime customer there, I HAD to buy three at a time to get free shipping. I actually improved once I bought my first Kindle in 2008. I was just starting to give away some of my paper books to clear some space in my tiny apartment. I still have many more paper books than I have shelves for and keep many of them in plastic file boxes. This is not an easy way to enjoy those books!

I also have had an ereader device addiction. I gave away my kindle1 and kindle2, but I still have Kindle3, Nook1, original Kindle DX, Sony PRS-350 and Cybook Opus.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #443
poohbear_nc
Now what?

This subliminal message will only be visible to confirmed ebook/ereader addicts.

It's OK to indulge. Go ahead. You can never have too many ebooks or ereaders. Those other folk are just jealous of your discriminating taste. If they could, they would steal your ebooks and ereaders. So flaunt your collections! Scream out the number of titles in your TBR list! Be proud! Be strong! Accumulate!

For the other readers, move along now, nothing to see here.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #444
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
This subliminal message will only be visible to confirmed ebook/ereader addicts.

It's OK to indulge. Go ahead. You can never have too many ebooks or ereaders. Those other folk are just jealous of your discriminating taste. If they could, they would steal your ebooks and ereaders. So flaunt your collections! Scream out the number of titles in your TBR list! Be proud! Be strong! Accumulate!

For the other readers, move along now, nothing to see here.

I've steamed up your message
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #445
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post

[snip]
I am so underemployed now and have so many ebooks and paper books that I really can't buy any except now and then. I don't buy much of anything besides food.

[snip]
See everyone? Perfect solution! Low or no income!
It's guaranteed to curb most of your addictions!
Withdrawal's a pain but it'll get the job done.

The next ebook I'm buying is coming in June 28 and the other one on July 5. Re-reading until then!
See? No stress! No twitching finger, no subliminal messages, no nudges...

Last edited by TenaciousBadger; 06-25-2011 at 01:47 PM.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #446
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post

I've steamed up your message
That happened just from your heavy breathing - as you read the forbidden words - and planned your next foray into forbidden buying territory!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #447
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
[snip]
I am so underemployed now and have so many ebooks and paper books that I really can't buy any except now and then. I don't buy much of anything besides food.

[snip]

This is very close to my rationale for wanton buying now! I'm laying in a library for my retirement - while I'm still employed!
Then, after I've retired, when I'm living in a cardboard box sharing cans of "Tuna Surprise" with my cats, I'll have something to read - to pass the long hours of my "Golden Years!"
Old 06-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #448
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
This is very close to my rationale for wanton buying now! I'm laying in a library for my retirement - while I'm still employed!
Now that is an EXCELLENT rationalization. I've got to remember that one!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #449
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
It's been 18 days since I bought an ebook for money.

I have borrowed more than 5 ebooks this month though. I've discovered a new lending site which seems to have a better interface and variety of books to lend and borrow. I have a huge stash of lendable books so I can keep going at this a long, long time.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #450
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I bought quite a few today, especially since Atwood's ALIAS GRACE, WILDERNESS TIPS, and ROBBER BRIDE have finally limped over the sea to us Americans. w00t!

Umm. Bless me, fathers and mothers, for I have purchased.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote