Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
billyb
billyb began at the beginning.

Device: literati
can't send book to ereader

hi, i'm trying to send a book to my literati, would work before, still plenty of space on the ereader, but keep getting the error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 239, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1185, in books_uploaded
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 690, in device_job_exception
AttributeError: 'MessageBox' object has no attribute 'setDetailedText'
I did a calibre run in debug and got

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.7.43
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Windows
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.0
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\update.py", line 34, in run
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 203, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 255, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
Started up in 10.2029998302
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: dirs are: H:\ ['MyBooks']
DEBUG: 1.4 USBMS: count found in cache: 56, count of files in metadata: 56, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 1.4 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 1.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= carda
DEBUG: 1.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= cardb
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
Device using plugboard epub BOOX None
Setting metadata in: Best New Zombie Tales (Vol. 1) at: c:\docume~1\owner\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.7.43_tmp _ahvz7z\calibre_0.7.43_zpeamy.epub
DEBUG: 11.6 USBMS: uploading 1 books
Job: 3 Upload 1 books to device:Best New Zombie Tales (Vol. 1) finished
[Error 23] Data error (cyclic redundancy check): 'H:\\MyBooks\\Mayberry, Jonathan'

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 64, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 372, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 182, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 949, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 23] Data error (cyclic redundancy check): 'H:\\MyBooks\\Mayberry, Jonathan'

[Error 23] Data error (cyclic redundancy check): 'H:\\MyBooks\\Mayberry, Jonathan'

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 64, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 372, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 182, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 949, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 23] Data error (cyclic redundancy check): 'H:\\MyBooks\\Mayberry, Jonathan'

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 239, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1185, in books_uploaded
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 690, in device_job_exception
AttributeError: 'MessageBox' object has no attribute 'setDetailedText'

I think at one point I manually deleted a folder by mayberry, but I don't find any such folder on the literati h drive in mybooks folder.
i can't figure out what to do. average computer skills here.
thanks!
billyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"WindowsError: [Error 23] Data error (cyclic redundancy check): 'H:\\MyBooks\\Mayberry, Jonathan'

[Error 23] Data error (cyclic redundancy check): 'H:\\MyBooks\\Mayberry, Jonathan'"

your h drive is corrupt.
try MS disc check & repair tools. right click H drive icon - properties - tools - error checking- check now....

a repair & a defrag should put you right.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
billyb

thanks i tried that unfortunately it didnt work to defrag it, said h drive is read only (when I unclicked read only, including as administrator), it would still revert to read only.
I also tried resetting the literati to original factory settings,not just pushing the little button, but the full reset, but it didn't work, still had the new books on (maybe because it's read only?).
i haven't tried an actual reformatting, don't know if that would work, would rather do that as a last resort
Old 04-23-2011, 03:05 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
thanks i tried that unfortunately it didnt work to defrag it, said h drive is read only (when I unclicked read only, including as administrator), it would still revert to read only.
I also tried resetting the literati to original factory settings,not just pushing the little button, but the full reset, but it didn't work, still had the new books on (maybe because it's read only?).
i haven't tried an actual reformatting, don't know if that would work, would rather do that as a last resort
so the H drive is the e-reader device drive ?
I though it was one of your PC drives.
if so you may be unable to repair it via windows & will have to consult user manual for the device or find a hardware forum. you could back up all your books onto PC ( i.e. copy them into calibre ) then try the reformat option , if the device has that option - that should fix it.

PS - no consolation now, but if you'd read the reviews beforehand - you'd probably never have bought it!
Sharper Image Literati e-reader gets a 'don't even bother' review:
"Well, this isn't good. We didn't have the highest of hopes for the Sharper Image's Literati e-reader, a $159 7-incher announced back in August. Well, it's just gotten a review and... it sounds much, much worse than we expected. In fact, the reviewer failed to find one decent attribute of the reader, but does detail its slowness, its unstable and buggy UI, and poor formatting. The Kobo-driven reader has absolutely no annotating options, not even bookmarks, rendering its full keyboard totally useless. The whole thing sounds like a serious mess to us. Hit up the source link to check out the entire, disparaging review."

given that, I'd fix it, sell it, get something better..... still under guarantee ?

Last edited by cybmole; 04-23-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
billyb

thanks for the fast reply!
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 04:11 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
maybe because it's read only?
It's read only because the OS detects an error. You say you tried defrag, which won't help, but you didn't say you tried to repair the disk as suggested by cybmole (which would help).

Quote:
This is what almost everyone does to quickly correct this problem.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:27 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard

try copying the entire device drive (H) to your PC. if that works ok than you have everything backed up so a device reformat should be safe & easy. reformat H (via the device menus preferably), then copy everything from pc back to H drive. eject, unplug, reboot e-reader, should be good to go. IF not go get a warranty replacement or refund.

if the device does not have a reform otpion then you may have problems - see if windows can tell you how the drive is formatted ( NFS, FAT32 ... ) as you will need to reformat it same as before, else the reader firmware may throw a fit.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
DISK Check = Check Disk for errors.
Not Defrag. Never defrag a damaged file system (it usually stops you from doing this anyway, but why press your luck )
Calibre can NOT be running (not in tray, either) as it will access the device and prevent FIX from running

If you have not done so already, make sure all your books on your device are in your (Calibre) Library. You are about to lose the books on your device.

If 'Fix' will not work , you will need help from the manufacturer of your device to reformat the storage.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
billyb

Hi, thanks for all the replies.
i could disk analyze the literati when it was h drive, but couldnt defrag it.
i couldnt even reformat it when connected to my pc, at the end it said that the reformat didnt work
so
after some more researching i found a website and one person sounded like he was having similar problems so in case someone else has the problem, where u can't add any more books to literati, or delete them, and literati became a read only,
put the KoboRoot.tgz file on an sd card, put it in the literati, and while powering up keep the Q button pressed.
it resets the literati, all my new books were lost (but saved on a different computer, thanks)
and it is literati version 1.9, have to upgrade it to 2.0
but now calibre can send books to it, so I'm very happy again.
yeah people complain about the literati, but i bought it on clearance at bed bath beyond with a coupon and had a 20 rebate, so it cost about $16 with tax.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
billyb

the file was
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...9/KoboRoot.tgz

Tags
messagebox error