Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
tinder_box
tinder_box began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Trouble uploading to Apple

Hey, all -

I would greatly appreciate any insight you have on uploading .epub files via iTunes Connect.

My most recent error message -

"1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
/Users/local/_______L/_____/Music/iTunes Producer/Playlists/9781614076056.itmsp - Error Messages:
Apple's web service operation was not successful
Unable to authenticate the package: 9781614076056.itmsp
ERROR ITMS-3000: "Line 311 column 99: character content of element "file_name" invalid; must be a string matching the regular expression "[^./: ]+([.][^./: ]+)+" at XPath /package/book/assets/asset[2]/data_file/file_name""

It looks like a filename problem, but I can't identify where it's originating. The Metadata all looks good in the OPF.

Any ideas?

-tinder_box
tinder_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Do you have any spaces or 'strange' characters in your filenames?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
tinder_box
tinder_box began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Sigil does show some strange characters when I go to validate, but they look fine to me.

Sigil points me to number of lines in my document, saying "no character data is allowed by content model."

and

"element 'br' is not allowed for content model '(p|h1|h2|h3|h4|h5|h6|div|ul|ol|dl|pre|hr|blockquo te|address|fieldset|table|switch|form|noscript|ins |del|script)' "

It looks like most of the problems have to do with block quotes. I'm assembling them like so:

<blockquote class="calibre10">
Neither party expected for the war the magnitude or the duration which it has already attained... as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said “the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.”<br class="calibre1" />
<br class="calibre1" />
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation’s wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.
</blockquote>

Admittedly, my html isn't the strongest.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance for any input.
tinder_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
The very first Tip at the top of pg 75 of Liz Castro's HTML XHTML & CSS (6th ed.) says
Quote:
Text and inline elements should not be places directly between the opening and closing blockquote tags. Instead, enclose the text and inline elements in a block-level tag--like p, for example--within the blockquote tags.
I didn't know that either. Which is why I got the book... So maybe putting <p> and </p> around it will fix things. Perhaps if I knew how to read XHTML schemas, it would tell me that <br /> could only appear inside a block-level tag - but I'm too lazy to parse schemas.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If Sigil shows strange characters, correct them even if they show normal to you. Normal is a very general term of course... What is normal for me does not have to be normal for you.

Regarding the <br />, it should fall inside <p></p> tags. Apparently it is not allowed inside pure blockquotes. If you wrap a <p>...<br />...</p> in blockquotes it is allowed.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, epub, itunesconnect, upload problems