Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
M92 in Black coming soon?

I just made a google-search for the Onyx Boox M92 and found this entry:
Click image for larger version

Name:	m92black.gif
Views:	616
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	79463

I can't find this information on the site onyxboox.com

Does anybody know a little bit more about that?
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:00 AM   #2
liueno
liueno began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
I have asked sales of Onyx about your question. He said ,M92 may be saled in US in the end of December. Maybe it is a Christmas gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Attachment 79463

liueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
in your opinion they are going to make an m92 without the wacom pen ?
I mean like 91s ?

I'm looking for it to have a better quality in the screen..
I mean less reflective..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
in your opinion they are going to make an m92 without the wacom pen ?
I mean like 91s ?

I'm looking for it to have a better quality in the screen..
I mean less reflective..
Here I talked only about the color of the device, anyway I think Onyx will make an M92s because it is already mentioned on www.onyx-boox.com.
By the way, Wacom touchscreens don't have any effect on reflectivity of the screen
Old 11-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
medvedev
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by liueno View Post
I have asked sales of Onyx about your question. He said ,M92 may be saled in US in the end of December. Maybe it is a Christmas gift
Very interesting
Thank You
Old 12-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Attachment 79463

Hi,
A have asked Onyx if they are going to deliver m92 in black body. It is actually no problem, if a distributer is ready to order at least 1000 units of them. We are thinking about this offer. I don't like white frames by ereaders either...
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
medvedev
Connoisseur

Nice!
Please tell us when you come to a conclusion about that?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
vsh1ft
vsh1ft began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Why it is better to have a black covered ereader? Because the screen looks whiter or do I misunderstand something here?
vsh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh1ft View Post
Why it is better to have a black covered ereader? Because the screen looks whiter or do I misunderstand something here?
Yes. The perception of our eyes is affected by surroundings and the eyes all the time are adjusting to objects of comparison.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
not3nor4
just because
not3nor4 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
A have asked Onyx if they are going to deliver m92 in black body. It is actually no problem, if a distributer is ready to order at least 1000 units of them. We are thinking about this offer. I don't like white frames by ereaders either...
Please pretty please let there be a black M92...I don't know about you guys, but white plastic is just plain tacky to me
not3nor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
If you look into the source code of onyxboox.com, you'll see "M92 Black Edition - Coming this Winter" (e.g. as an alternate text) for the image on this site:
http://www.onyxboox.com/images/T80.JPG
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #12
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

Black has one disadvantage, though. Dark surfaces reflect more incoming light than light surfaces, especially those rather glossy black surfaces. (Well, at least the reflections are more visible with black surfaces.) So even if a black casing lets you focus a bit more on the actual screen, and makes it seem "lighter" (more like white paper), the surface reflections could distract you, especially in broad daylight, essentially countervailing the advantages. It's basically a matter of taste. I tend toward light-colored surfaces, because I want the reading experience to be as undistracted as possible.

But it's hard to say from the image of the black M92. Maybe it only has a semi-glossy surface, so then the reflections would not be that annoying. (?)

Last edited by Schmitti; 12-14-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #13
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Black has one disadvantage, though. Dark surfaces reflect more incoming light than light surfaces, ...
I thought it was the opposite?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #14
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

Well, dark surfaces absorb more energy of the incoming light than light surfaces, emitting it as heat afterwards. But this is about reflections; it's a perceptive phenomenon, I believe. If you have a glossy or semi-glossy surface the contrast/difference between surface tone and light reflections is greater with dark casings than with light casings. Many people using tablets, glossy MacBooks etc. have complained about this effect, especially under high environmental lighting levels. And you need higher lighting levels with eInk screens.

Last edited by Schmitti; 12-14-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #15
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Confusing explanations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Well, dark surfaces absorb more energy of the incoming light than light surfaces, emitting it as heat afterwards. But this is about reflections; it's a perceptive phenomenon, I believe. If you have a glossy or semi-glossy surface the contrast/difference between surface tone and light reflections is greater with dark casings than with light casings. Many people using tablets, glossy MacBooks etc. have complained about this effect, especially under high environmental lighting levels. And you need higher lighting levels with eInk screens.

Your explanations seem to contradict themselves.
Would you agree that a matt-finished black casing gives the average person a better reading experience than a matt-finished white or other casing?
Does it matter if the contrast is physically or your/my perception better?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote