Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Software Update! Version 1.3 now available!

From the Nook Color forum on bn.com

Starting today, NOOK Color owners have access to firmware version 1.3, a software update that enhances the best-in-class NOOK Newsstand by offering even more interactive versions of the country’s favorite magazines and newspapers. 

In addition to this, the software update includes some system improvements such as the option to password protect the web browser, improvements to the Last Page Read feature, and the removal of the Good Housekeeping Cookbook.

You can sideload the update from here: www.nookcolor.com/update. The over the air (OTA) delivery to customers connected to Wi-Fi is beginning this week.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
In addition to this, the software update includes...the removal of the Good Housekeeping Cookbook...
Folks were constantly barking about this on the BN.com forum.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Folks were constantly barking about this on the BN.com forum.
Yes - I saw that as well. I guess that it was REALLY important to them. wish B&N had changed the stock reader some like adding landscape mode and better PDF support, etc.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this:

I downloaded the update manually and after it finished installing I noticed it added about four samples of books automatically to my home screen. I archived them all since I was not interested in any of them. Hopefully, this doesn't keep happening. I had two samples added to my Home screen and when I refreshed my library it added two more.

Also, the synchronization between nook str and nook color is not working for me at all although this feature has never worked for me in the past. However, since the initial post said "improvements in Last Page read feature" I thought maybe this had been sorted out.
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
jersysman
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by negris123 View Post

I downloaded the update manually and after it finished installing I noticed it added about four samples of books automatically to my home screen. I archived them all since I was not interested in any of them. Hopefully, this doesn't keep happening. I had two samples added to my Home screen and when I refreshed my library it added two more.

Also, the synchronization between nook str and nook color is not working for me at all although this feature has never worked for me in the past. However, since the initial post said "improvements in Last Page read feature" I thought maybe this had been sorted out.
Don't know about the syncing problem, but the additional samples were not part of the upgrade. They were samples that they happened to add to everyone's list the same day that the update became available. This was discussed on the bn.com forum and the people there was also archiving the books.
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by negris123 View Post

Synchronization between the Nook Touch and NC has always worked fine for me. Just make sure you sync the library after you close the book on the one reader, and sync the library on the other reader before you open the book there.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
So crap...I'm Manual Nootered....I wonder if this will overwrite that.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #8
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Color in is 1.3, but STR is still in 1.0.1?
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
Color in is 1.3, but STR is still in 1.0.1?
The NC came in Fall 2010, whereas the Touch came in Spring 2011.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
The NC came in Fall 2010, whereas the Touch came in Spring 2011.
Oh, didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up!
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
franken_stein
franken_stein began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight & Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
So crap...I'm Manual Nootered....I wonder if this will overwrite that.
I am too -- will you let us know if you have any news about that? Thanks!
franken_stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I use manual nooter as well. Last month, my Nook stopped downloading Barnes and Noble purchases, so I am doubtful it will download updates.
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
Kurt
Connoisseur
Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nook HD+, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Yes - I saw that as well. I guess that it was REALLY important to them. wish B&N had changed the stock reader some like adding landscape mode and better PDF support, etc.
any word on getting landscape?

out of the question or just no response at all?

and woohoo on getting rid of that cookbook
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I don't care about the cookbook one way or the other and I don't care about whatever the update did for magazines.

Can anyone think of any other reason to install it? Otherwise, I think I'll just keep things the way they are and stay off wifi to avoid it updating automatically.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
jersysman
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I don't care about the cookbook one way or the other and I don't care about whatever the update did for magazines.

Can anyone think of any other reason to install it? Otherwise, I think I'll just keep things the way they are and stay off wifi to avoid it updating automatically.
I did read something about it speeding up the responsiveness of the device in general.