Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Hmm.. apparently I haven't commented in this thread yet.

I don't have the PE, so I can't talk about screen size for taking notes, but for doing math (which I do on my full sized EE) and taking lecture notes, I wouldn't really want a screen that much smaller. I have my doubts that the PE screen is big enough for lecture notes, but everyone is different and some might not mind the smaller screen.

Battery life on the EE is quite good, better than the PE because the battery is larger. It's just too bad the price has dropped so much on the smaller device but almost not at all on the larger. I think the larger edge is really the better size for students.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #17
Z3r0r3aD'/
Z3r0r3aD'/ began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Well, I did it. I ordered the PE on Wednesday from Amazon. I'm really excited, and optimistic, despite the obvious advantages of having the larger one. It should arrive Monday. Thanks everyone for the advice and help. I hope I don't break it when I turn it on! I should let it do all the updates it needs right? Are some people holding back on the newest release because of issues?
Z3r0r3aD'/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #18
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Yes, you should use the Update app to get the latest Dingo update.

The hibernation issue appears to be limited to the larger EE, but a handful (a small number) of PE users have a white-screen-of-death (PE), although I personally haven't had that.

Since you're getting the unit "new", I recommend upgrading to the Ermine release and see how it goes, as the Ermine/Android 2.2 has many advantages. If you have any issues, you can always revert to Dingo.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #19
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congratulations!! You did it!

I still haven't upgraded my PE to Ermine, but I agree with Boris that doing it right away is probably a good idea. If you need any help with anything, ask here or on the entourageedge.com community forum. A lot of the questions I have had are already answered if I search that forum.

Can't wait to hear what you think!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
Penru
Imagineer
Penru began at the beginning.

Device: HTC DROID ERIS
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong spot, so I moved it...

Last edited by Penru; 04-27-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Penru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #21
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
1: Apparently not
2: Not really. Flash is quite limited, and the EE/PE is not that fast a machine
3: Internal is fixed at 3 GB. The SD card is considered external and can go up to 32 GB.
4: The latest stable firmware only allows connections to standard wifi hotspots, not "ad hoc" networks that most phones provide. The Android 2.2 beta firmware may allow it, but I'm not sure anyone has confirmed this.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #22
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Darn! Now I want to know what the questions were!

Interesting answers, Boris!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #23
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Darn! Now I want to know what the questions were!
F.Y.I, Filark:

1) Can/does it allow access to the website Hulu (my droid eris can go there but
hulu blocks videos from it)

2) Can I play flash based games on it (stuff from facebook, or newgrounds)

3) What is max internal storage (internal + sd card)

4) Is there an easy way for me to use the internet from my phone with this
device (I connect to my computer via the app "PDAnet")
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #24
Filark

Thank you, Batman!

Those are/were interesting questions, even if Penru decided he was in the wrong spot.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #25
Penru
Imagineer

Sorry guys, I didn't want to pull this thread off topic... If there is a way someone can test PDAnet ot get the entourage online that would be great. Also I have another question. Is it just me or does it look a lot like the book penny used in the original inspector gadget cartoons...
Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #26
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penru View Post
...to get the entourage online that would be great.
You mean aside from wifi?
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #27
Penru
Imagineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyfantastic View Post
You mean aside from wifi?
Yes I mean I do not have wifi, I use PDAnet, which allows m to connect via usb cable and then it acts as an external modem. The other option for connecting is via bluetooth, in which case it somehow connects through dialup...

I have not used bluetooth mode on PDAnet, but with an ereader I would (if it would let me)
Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #28
Filark

Penru, if you don't get an answer here try the forum at: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php

I'm sure someone either knows or is willing to try it for you. I haven't used bluetooth with mine, and I don't have PDAnet. I'm guessing there's a way to make it work, but hopefully one of the real experts will chime in, either here or there.

P.S. I've never seen the Inspector Gadget cartoons, can you believe it??
Old 04-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #29
goinveg
Enthusiast
goinveg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Entourage eDGe DualBook
I ordered my EE from Amazon Warehouse Deals, Inc, on Monday and received it Tuesday! I played with updating, reverting, factory resets, etc., and finished with the Ermine beta. Yes, it needs a lot of work but it joins my original Kobo as an ereader. The Kobo is great for epub books and I'll use the EE for PDFs while I wait for updates.
goinveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #30
Filark

Congrats, goinveg!

Hope you enjoy it!

(I went back and forth reading my Sony PRS-900 and my PE, am reading the Sony less and less . . . .)