Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #25921
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
That is so sad to hear about your friends. The older I get, the more I appreciate the world and those around me.
We only get one chance per lifetime, so it behooves us to make the very best of it. I know the lives that these particular two have led; one was rich and full, the other rather dreary and humdrum. One loved life, the other merely existed through it. The sad part is that we really do get to choose how we live. Sometimes those choice may be more difficult than others, but it still comes down to choice.

Right now, that choice is East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea. I choose it over Liptons. And as Robert Frost said so well; "... and that has made all the difference..."

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #25922
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I just hope that when I leave I have left the world a little better off then it was before I arrived.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #25923
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I think, I hope, that we all feel that way.

Fresh sumatra in my cup with a small slice of apple pie.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #25924
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First tea of the day!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #25925
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:

Have you discovered anything new and exciting?
We visited Carcassonne, which is a great old city, never been there before. Albi was also somewhere we'd never been before that is worth a visit.

More trivially, we found a wonderful restaurant near where we stayed. Amazing value and really good food with friendly service.

Oh, and today, we discovered that if you're driving from Toulouse to Dijon, you need to set off earlier than we did to avoid traffic jams. Just 11 hours driving today!

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 08-17-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #25926
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Coffee, Black. In Mug, Christmas.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #25927
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
<snip>Oh, and today, we discovered that if you're driving from Toulouse to Dijon, you need to set off earlier than we did to avoid traffic jams. Just 11 hours driving today!
Wow. Just a little over the projected time..
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	109567

Even though, it is fun to explore new places.

Sweet tea in my cup.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #25928
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Enjoying a refreshing Ardbeg slushie .... *sip* *sip* *slurp*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #25929
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKoRp05L95c )

What a peaceful way to start a Sunday!

Good morning, everyone. Sun's up (for now,) a fresh breeze blowing through the house making things nice and cool (28°,) and I have Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea in my cup. I see that my wife has just gotten her lazy self out of the rack which mean we can eat breakfast soon. Yippee! I'm hungry this morning. I've been eating fresh tamarind to stave off starvation, but I need something more substantial. Like Cumberland sausage! I found some at the supermarket last night and couldn't resist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I just hope that when I leave I have left the world a little better off then it was before I arrived.
Yeah... It's good to make our mark in a positive way. Hopefully our kids will be a testament to our good parenting. Unfortunately, there are too many who make the world a better place simply by leaving it. I wonder if it's their fault, their parent's fault, or society's fault? I guess people have been debating that one for a long time...

Time... time for a second mug of "Yorkshire" tea and off to the kitch to kook!

Stitchawl
Old 08-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #25930
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Waiting for a fresh cup of coffee and debating what to munch on... popcorn?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #25931
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Waiting for a fresh cup of coffee and debating what to munch on... popcorn?
Popcorn is ALWAYS a good choice! I buy mine in 8lb containers, because I eat it so often. I have a special 'popcorn popper,' that I use to make it. It's heavy stainless steel, with a built-in stirrer handle so I don't have to shake the pan while it's cooking, just turn the crank. I had one for many years that finally gave up the ghost. When I went to buy a new one from the same distributor (not the one linked,) they sent me one that was made from aluminum and really quite poor. I used it 3-4 times, threw it away, and bought this one. It works like a dream!

Stitchawl
Old 08-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #25932
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I remember one like that when I was young. Now days, I am lazy and use an air popper or just the microwave. I am not into having it buttered.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #25933
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:

I remember one like that when I was young. Now days, I am lazy and use an air popper or just the microwave. I am not into having it buttered.
Butter tastes good, but it's waaay too fattening for the amount of popcorn that I eat. I use just a spoonfull or two of olive oil and a big bowl of popcorn is less than 150 calories, and might last me two nights of munching. (I'm a 'one kernal at a time' popcorn eater.) A sprinkle of salt and I'm happy!

Stitchawl
Old 08-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #25934
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I use olive oil also with just a few sprinkles of salt and sugar. I like the salty sweet flavor.

A new coffee to try tonight. A Gevalia Royal Vinter. "A full-bodied roast blend of Colombian, East African, and Indonesian beans. An elegant floral and caramel flavor with a hint of berry undertones."

And I eat my M&M's one at a time.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #25935
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I like popcorn, but my son really likes popcorn. I buy it in 4 lb. bags -- the largest the local stores carry (and only one of them, at that) -- but I buy three or four at a time.

I use olive oil in a pump sprayer.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?