Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
kzm007
kzm007 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Here's what I'm looking for :)

I have cerebral palsy and use a crutch in one hand, so carrying paper books in the other hand is always a literal pain, especially if they're hardback.

Questions about specifics are marked with question marks in parentheses.

My ideal reader should:
  1. BE EASY TO USE FOR A LEFT-HANDER !
  2. Be comfortable to operate one-handed.
  3. Be lightweight and easy to hold for lengths of time while reading, yet still not feel like it's going to blow up from overheating, fall apart due to shoddiness if I push a button, etc.
  4. Be small enough to carry in a pocket if possible, or at least a book-bag or something, with a screen at least 7" or the rough/exact measurement of a readable softcover book's page.
  5. Have a non-gloss finish, which would be nice to prevent fingerprints, but plastic's cheap to manufacture with while still balancing a decent sales cost and company's profit, so I'm not holding my breath here.
  6. Have an ergonomic structure (ties into the above point) with comfortable buttons that are easy to press and access and a comfortable grip in the hand(s).
  7. OR, the touch-screen should be responsive and as hassle-free as possible.
  8. Have a realistic-looking page display (black on white) and be easy on the eyes for lengths of time, indoors and out with little to (preferably) no reflective screen glare. Good contrast, I guess I want to say.
  9. Utilize e-ink and not any form of back-lit LCD, which causes eyestrain and the aforementioned glaring in bright areas.
  10. Possess an expandable SD/SDHC memory card slot for adding files.
  11. Have excellent PDF rendering and re-flow/formatting to the device screen. Most of my books will be in PDF unless someone can verify that converting them would be a good thing for me to do(?) and I would naturally want to maintain the comfort to read the page and the neat appearance of the formatted text.
  12. Allow me the ability to view and play numerous formats easily - including audio files.
  13. Any plug-ins/ports should be tucked out of the way (i.e NOT on the bottom where cables might lie in my lap, unless I can flip the reader as a lefty and thus move them above or to the side for reading).
  14. Excellent battery life; these things are made to be portable, I want it to last when it's being transported away from home.
  15. Allow the battery to be user-replaceable.
  16. Not be tied to any one mobile carrier for the wi-fi/3G for book purchases; if it is, it should be Verizon, as that's all I have available to me (I don't fully understand 3G, truth be told :P do I need a mobile carrier? I get the basic principle that wi-fi is good for home and 3G helps with abroad, but after that, I'm lost?)
  17. Internet access for book browsing/sampling portions (if possible) and purchasing, although if it comes down to it, I'll do it through my PC. I don't really need ANOTHER, fuller Internet-capable device and am trying to focus primarily on reading alone.
  18. A PC client may be helpful, but I don't don't know how badly I'd really need one(?)
  19. On that note, the ability to annotate and mark text would be nice; or at least the option to select it and save it for later upload to a PC? That would help me as an English major if I ever need to pull information from a text.
  20. Be no more than $225...and even then, I'm being very generous. However, if something's out there with a lot of these features, I may reconsider and pay for it. Things get better with e-readers daily it seems

I realize e-readers are emerging seemingly overnight, and maybe my ideal plastic-back doesn't exist exactly as I'd like it, just yet, but a guy can still ask and dream, eh?

Thank you all so much -

Kegan

Last edited by kzm007; 08-07-2010 at 04:23 PM.
kzm007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... not any form of back-lit LCD, which causes eyestrain and the aforementioned glaring in bright areas ...

Although this claim is posted all over the Internet, I was reading eBooks on my Palm PDAs long before the new, cool, eReaders came out. I usually set it up for either cyan or yellow text on a black background. And I suffered no eye strain nor other ill effects from doing so.

Others here with more experience in what you need will; reply soon, I am sure. Fo screen glare and protection from scratches, I recommend ANYONE to purchase an InvisibleShield screen protector from Zagg.com. Lifetime warranty on the product - I cannot find a better screen protector anywhere (NuShield comes close).
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
kzm007

Re:

Thanks for the tip; if I ever figure out how to get a protector one without producing air bubbles, I'll look them up.

I'm also willing to bump the screen size down to 6", but I checked the wiki, and all the 6" screens were pricey it seemed.

I'm afraid to go too low on screen size if I want to annotate, though.

Also, formatted with a preferential button layout for right-handed people, with only a few models meeting me halfway and putting buttons in the center.

Sigh such a curse.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
kzm007

Bump.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please do not "bump" a thread. It makes readers think that there is new content available, which there is not. When someone wishes to respond to your question, they will do so in their own good time.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
The only thing that comes to mind is the Sony PRS-900. It has a 7.1" screen which is what you mention. It has most of the other features you want, but it costs $249.00. You can make annotations and export them to your computer, it has expandable memory and user-replaceable battery, you can read in landscape mode or have it arrange two pages side by side like a paper book, etc. It has free 3G access with AT&T and supports a lot of ebook formats.

PDFs made for A4 paper are not going to look very good on any reader with a 5, 6, or 7 inch screen, just FYI. You can definitely convert them but the results will vary. I find the best way to view A4 PDFs on my PRS-600 is in landscape mode; this way the page is split into a top half and a bottom half.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Pocketbook 360 is a great choice, mefeels.

1 and 2. I'm right-handed and I tend to use it with my left hand because it allows me to hold something in the right one easily. Completely fine for that.
3. It skates in the floor and falls from 5 feet high and is unscathed (per my own experience), it survives car crashes (per another forum member)... durable it is, I say. Plus, you don't need to get a cover for it as it has a detachable plastic lid which protects the screen and doesn't add bulk to the device.
4. It is one of the most pocketable units, but it has a screen size of 5 inches. 6 inch readers are hardly stored in any pocket, and bigger screen sizes do not fit at all.
5 and 7. No touchscreen= no gloss.
6. If you can use it one-handed comfortably, you can guess it's very well thought-out.
8 and 9. It has Vizplex e-Ink screens. It has a good contrast, not as huge as the new Kindle's Pearl e-Ink, but mighty fine if you ask me.
10. Check. MicroSD/SDHC slot for you.
11. Since the screen is small, you'll have to read normally formatted PDF files in landscape mode. However, the PDF handling by the device is very interesting, though its small size.
12. From what the e-Book Matrix says: FB2, TXT, PDF, DJVU, RTF, HTML, PRC, PDB (PalmDoc), Plucker, CHM, EPUB, DOC, TCR, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF. No audio formats though, as the PB360 has no audio output.
13. The device has three things: the power button, the card port and the USB entry in the lower side. When you stick the card, it enters the device, so to say, so you have no salient side. Your only source of worry may be the USB cable... but you can flip the device in any direction thanks to its G-sensor.
14 and 15. The battery lasts ca. 2 weeks for me and it is user-replaceable.
16 and 17. It has no Wi-Fi or 3G. You need to get the books inside the device with a computer.
18. You don't have a need for it, as the device is recognized as a USB stick and you can copy-paste the files inside, but you can use the world-praised Calibre software if you want to build an ebook catalog and manage your collection. It makes decent format transformations too.
19. You can save text from a file to read it later... The downside is that the output is a BMP file (that is, an image, not text). Pretty dumb indeed.
20. It costs $199 in the USA. You have vendors in this very forum to get in contact with.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... if I ever figure out how to get a protector one without producing air bubbles ...

You've never experienced an InvisibleShield screen protector. Just follow the instructions, and you'll be very pleased with the results.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #9
kzm007

Thank you all. I had looked into all of those models before I joined the site, so I know what to expect.

I apologize in advance as some of this info repeats; I mention it below, and then I put it into a list for (hopefully) ease in defining the main points to what I would like.

Audio, while it would be nice, really isn't a huge deal, I can just use the text versions of my audiobooks; they're all 'classics' or quite popular, so I know they exist.

The portability of the POCKETBOOK is nice, but it's not critical that it's actually a "pocket" book," so I can afford even a slightly-bigger screen. Let's say between 5" and 7" then. I also don't care for the appearance of the casing.

The SONY Daily Reader looked great, and even functions as a real book; now if only I were able to 'fold the page back' and read, that would be cool, since it would me full flexibility to read one-handed or with two, just like a paper copy - I know this doesn't exist as a feature, just wishful thinking.

The price makes me a little wary, though at $250 online and the reader only gets three stars on Amazon.

I have also been considering the new Pandigital Novel; the 2GB model (releasing at the end of the month, I think), one of the cheaper Copia e-readers (when do these release; I've read between the end of August and fall, probably September?) the Velocity Micro Cruze, or the Nook.

However my only service carrier is Verizon, so would the Nook even been worth my trouble since it runs on AT & T which we barely get a bar for around here? I don't mind side-loading from my PC. Maybe the Nook Wi-fi only?

And again, I would want a user-replaceable battery, annotation support, expandable memory, etc.

I was hoping to read textbooks on it, but that's not 'overly' important, it would just be nice for my upcoming senior year in 2011 - I can get by currently in 2010 if needed.

The same goes for e-ink, it would be nice, but it's not overly important if reading/writing is easy.

So let's recap quickly. In rough order, followed by their 'fault' or plus in my situation:

E-readers to consider
1. Sony Daily Reader: $250 price tag, otherwise it seems relatively decent.

2. Pandigital Novel 2GB: Haven't even seen a glimmer of this baby since it went in for its fix-up last month. No annotating I don't think? I also don't know if these are expandable? No e-ink, but it is in color. I don't know how it handles PDFs or any of my other criteria. Information appreciated?

3. Copia e-readers: Also missing in action, though they have a good set of devices with great pricing from what I've read. I don't know if these have pens, but I see a keyboard on one which is a plus, maybe allowing similar functionality. Should be released soon (when?). Information appreciated?

4. Velocity Micro Cruze: Glossy screen - a protector could maybe solve this. I know it's technically off-track for me as it appears to be a tablet, but it did look nice. I don't know anything else about it; all help is appreciated if you can find me info on it?

5. The Nook: No annotating and served on AT & T. No PDFs; essentially just a reader. This would be my last choice unless something is seriously wrong with the others.

Features I've deemed somewhat necessary/desired:
Features I WANT but don't really NEED are italicized.

Order in list does not equate to preference.

1. Screen size 5" - to 7"+.

2. Annotation of text/SOME WAY to mark the text and transfer it to my PC; either directly or from an SD card/through email.

3. If #2 is possible, Internet would be needed. Should I get 3G or Wi-Fi? I only have Verizon service and don't travel much, so I'm thinking Wi-Fi only would be acceptable.

4. Decent PDF reading - really pushing for this as I have a couple of downloaded textbooks, and some of them have illustrations and tables I'm sure.

5. Replaceable battery.

6. Card slot with expandable memory; 32GB would be optimum but I could compromise a tiny bit.

6. Many formats supportedincluding audio - again, I can settle for text-only if needed.

7. Lightweight design for lengthy reading.

8. One-handed usage - though two may be accepted based on other criteria met. All annotating (#2) would be done while seated, as would reading. I just think one hand would be easier for lengthy sessions.

9. Useful for a lefty to work with easily.

10. Microphone jack - I don't know what I would use this for really, unless it's a REALLY good one, which probably doesn't exist yet, but Copia has them, and they appealed to me the more I read about them. Does Sony have one?

11. A good dictionary, and maybe a translator (translator not as crucial as the English dictionary, just wishful thinking - how good are current translation dictionaries?). If it has one, it will also probably need Internet service though, right?
---
Again, I apologize for all of the repetition, but there are so many readers out there, and I don't want to purchase something only to find out it's not exactly what I need; I've got too many pricey electronics as-is, so I want to make sure this counts in the end.

I also apologize for my thread-bumping. I don't know if it's in the site rules not to do it, but on every other board I frequent, when info is required, bumping is allowed to give the person a chance to find it.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Kegan

Last edited by kzm007; 08-08-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Again, I apologize for all of the repetition, but there are so many readers out there, and I don't want to purchase something only to find out it's not exactly what I need;
Good luck in your search for the perfect e-reader but I think your chances of finding something that meets every one of your 11 requirements (at least it's down from 20) is slim. Prioritization will help greatly.

When I was looking for an e-reader my main interests were good contrast, good speed of operation, access to epub books (for the public library), access to a good source of books to purchase and an inexpensive price. The Nook met my criteria. It's not all I would have liked - it's a bit heavy, its battery life could be better, its touchscreen could be more responsive - but it does the main things I want it to do and it does them well.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pocketbook can be of help too, though the price of PB302 is a bit over your budget.

Nevertheless:

1. 6 inch screen, resistive kind.
2. Its touchscreen allows you to annotate text and export it. I don't know how it goes though.
3. It sports Wifi capabilities.
4. It has the same good PDF support all Pocketbooks have.
5. Check.
6. It supports the same formats than the 360 plus it has an audio jack for you to listen to audiobooks in MP3 format.
7, 8 and 9. So far I've read complaints about a glossy screen (they're solved already though), but ergonomics is not a real issue in Pocketbooks, as far as I know. Maybe the 301 is a bit poorer for a lefty due to the button placement, but you shouldn't have trouble with 302. At any rate you can rotate the device as you deem best for your hand, plus you can configure the functions of the buttons for a better usage.
10. So far, the only reader that carries a microphone is the Entourage Edge. You'd do good in making research about it, as it is a dual tablet-eInk screen device which may suit your needs. The bulk and the price are its main disadvantages though. Entourage Edge is a niche device for students, so it makes sense that it has a mic in order to record the lectures.
11. Pocketbook 302 has as many dictionaries, both bilingual and monolingual, as you want to put inside, provided that you find them in the right format (they're fairly easily accessible here). Same goes for Pocketbook 360, btw.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
kzm007

Criteria for an e-reader; list of possible devices included.

Sigh lol you would have to show the Edge :P that looks awesome, minus the touch screen keyboard; I understand why it's there, obviously, but still they're a pain. Luckily I have a USB.

I'm in the process of trying to find a buying for a Fujitsu tablet laptop, too - pity I didn't wait to buy something like that lol

I also took Andy's advice and prioritized as best I could
-----
What I’m looking for in an eReader is:
1. Easy for a lefty to use.
- Primarily wish to use one-handed, left-hand dominant due to cerebral palsy. I may make an exception in the case of the Entourage, naturally.

2. Decent page-refresh rate.

3. 7" or bigger screen with portrait and landscape modes, mainly for reading PDFs.
- Can PowerPoints be converted to PDFs and appear the same on-screen? Also, again, I'd be interested in how the Edge handles PDFs. If I can read them, I don't care about screen size.

4. Text annotation for highlighting passages.
- What is the benefit of this/why do eReaders include it? Can it be saved to a PC?

5. Lightweight and comfortable to carry in a bag or pocket of any kind.
- For example, a hardcover copy of John Ajvide Lindqvist’s “Let the Right One In” [U.K]/”Let Me In” [U.S] weighs probably a pound, but feels heavier to me because it is 480 pages.). 1 lb/one-fourteenth British stone seems like the best weight. Yet again, the Edge is hefty at three pounds, but if I could consolidate a handful of five pound textbooks into three pounds, I wouldn't complain, naturally.

6. User-replaceable battery.

7. Numerous text formats including but not limited to DOC, PPT, PDF, EPub, and any others you think may benefit a reader and college student majoring in English.

8. Good contrast and text visibility for lengths of time.
- E-ink greatly preferred, but not a must. LCD may work, too. I would like to read outdoors, however.

9. SD/SDHC card reader
- So I can transfer files to/from the device for taking them along to read or to clear up space on the device, or expand the memory.

10. Dictionary
- Wi-fi or 3G required I assume (I only have Verizon).

Readers I’m considering are:

Available (In preferential order)
1. Entourage Edge – Actual reviews from objective users, please? Not the media or professional bloggers.

2. Sony Daily Edition - Released to market.

Upcoming (awaiting more details and reviews)
1. Copia Ocean 9 – Released this fall 2010? (Information on technical specs appreciated)

2. Velocity Micro Cruze – When is this to be released? (Information on technical specs appreciated – does this allow for text input?)
-----
As a reader and a writer/English major, I originally only wanted an e-book reader that would allow me to annotate the text and pull it onto my PC for reports and personal usage. I don't need yet another computer, or a color screen to survive - although color would be nice to have for cover art.

However, actually looking at the Entourage instead of mistakenly thinking it was another smart phone (Is Verizon involved in this device in any way?), it looks like it has everything I need and could want based on what's currently in the market. Being that I use a mobility scooter, having to physically carry it is no longer a point, yet it's smaller than a laptop, and appears to even be slightly smaller than a netbook, if I recall the Samsung NC120 I used to own. I was greatly interested in the Courier from Microsoft, and I don't care what anyone says, this looks like what the Courier should have been.

The Sony Daily Reader looks nice as well, and I'm tempted to go here because I figure if I don't have a 'full' working browser, I won't be lured away from the focal point of reading to check Facebook. At the same time, the ability to utilize the Internet as a complement to the text I'm reading is a huge plus an very enticing to me.

As for the Copia Ocean and the Micro Velocity Cruze, I would be interested in seeing some hands-on videos or reviews before I journeyed to either of these models, but they are still on my list pending any information I can be supplied with.

So this is where I stand, and your help is appreciated in helping me refine my selection.

Thank you again -

Kegan

Last edited by kzm007; 08-08-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Revised list and prioritized
Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 AM   #13
Logseman
Orisa

Here you have some reviews for the Edge:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80348
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78979
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76890

And its dedicated subforum so you can find out more about the machine:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218
Old 08-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #14
Franky
Nameless Being

Entourage eDGe. whow, that's a super cool device. i'm a very happy user of it.

IREX DR800SG. a super ereader. you should really consider this device.

i've got them both, because the eDGe is in my use not an ereader. the eDGe is great for all kinds of things. the best i find is the combo of an ereader and a LCD-screen.
the IREX is a ereader. we, my wife and myself, are reading with it and i can make all kinds of annotations. there are several possibilities of extra software on the reader, but annotations and reader is our thing. the eDGe has just much more to offer in sense of internet access and email etc. it's just much more than a reader and therefore also a bit heavier.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
IREX DR800SG. a super ereader. you should really consider this device.
But it doesn't support annotation, does it, and that's one of the original poster's main requirements. Plus, of course, iRex no longer exist, so it may be difficult to buy one, and impossible to get it repaired if it goes wrong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote