Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
donbrubaker
Enthusiast
donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: LB Mars, Voyage, iPad Mini
Does PRC support mean NonDRM Mobi?

I am looking at picking up a new reader to use when I am "on the go." In like that the Astak Pocket Pro supports a variety of formats... but want to know if prc format means non-drm mobi. The reason I ask is that the Mentor device specifically lists Mobi and the Pocket Pro does not. I have a large library of Non-Drmed Mobi books and would prefer to not have to convert everything for a new reader if possible.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, I have read through several threads and didn't see it addressed.
donbrubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
there isn't DRM support for mobi in the ezreader pro. The early firmware for the ezreader basic did have DRM support for mobi

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Non DRM mobi work fine.

I have some peanut press books that I had converted to Mobi to read on my WM5 PDA and they work fine.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbrubaker View Post
I am looking at picking up a new reader to use when I am "on the go." In like that the Astak Pocket Pro supports a variety of formats... but want to know if prc format means non-drm mobi. The reason I ask is that the Mentor device specifically lists Mobi and the Pocket Pro does not. I have a large library of Non-Drmed Mobi books and would prefer to not have to convert everything for a new reader if possible.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, I have read through several threads and didn't see it addressed.
There is no difference between a PRC extension and MOBI extension except to lessen confusion with other programs that use the PRC extension. Some people have tried to tie DRM to MOBI extension but there is no correlation. Pocket Pro will not read DRM mobi files.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
donbrubaker
Enthusiast
donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Clarification

Thank you for the replies. I am well aware that the pocket pro will not display DRM Mobi... my question is whether it will display Non-DRMed Mobi... I have 1 reply saying it will... is it correct that the pocket pro will display Non-DRMed Mobi?

Sorry, but wanted to clarify my question.
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
my question is whether it will display Non-DRMed Mobi.
Yes, it will. MOBI is one of the better supported formats on the Pocket Pro.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
donbrubaker
Enthusiast

Fantastic... thank you wallcraft!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Both support non-DRM Mobi (PRC)

Quote:

Dear donbrubaker:

BOTH the Mentor line and the EZ Reader line (including the Pocket PRO) do NOT support Mobi DRM PRC; but DO support Mobi non-DRM PRC!!

The Pocket PRO box does list non-DRM PRC right on the back.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Griffonwing a suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Non DRM mobi work fine.

I have some peanut press books that I had converted to Mobi to read on my WM5 PDA and they work fine.
Dear Montoya:

By the way, we have little proof... but it is likely that Griffonwing is responsible in the death of Montoya's father.

Please spread the rumor!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Montoya:

By the way, we have little proof... but it is likely that Griffonwing is responsible in the death of Montoya's father.

Please spread the rumor!!
I knew that beard was familiar!

But he always stood where I couldn't see his hands...
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
You must be that little Spanish brat I taught a lesson to all those years ago. You've been chasing me your whole life only to fail now? I think that's about the worst thing I've ever heard.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote