Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2024, 09:53 AM   #1
Grzesiek
Grzesiek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Smile How can I run Cool Reader/Vlasovsoft on Kobo Clara 2e?

Hello everybody!
I bought Kobo Clara 2e recently. Its an excellent reader. But I cannot run the Cool Reader/Vlasovsoft bundle on it. It crashes and I vave to restart the reader. Maybe someone knows how to do it? I'm interested only in the cool reader. The rest of the bundle is not important for me.
Thank you very much for the help :-)
Grzesiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 09:40 AM   #2
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
Siema
Both are discontinued and as the Clara 2e is pretty new it's not supported.
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2024, 12:45 PM   #3
Grzesiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szybet View Post
Siema

Thank you :-)
Old 02-19-2024, 01:31 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can run KOReader if you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:01 PM   #5
Grzesiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can run KOReader if you want.
Thank you. I've got it. I preferred cr...
Advert
Old 02-20-2024, 05:00 PM   #6
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szybet View Post
Siema
When was the Vlasovsoft bundle discontinued? http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/index.html may show the current version as dating from 2022 but http://files.vlasovsoft.net/kobo/ has an October 2023 version. Has anyone tested the most recent version on a Clara 2e?
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 05:07 AM   #7
Sixthhokage1
Sixthhokage1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Elipsa
Just tried that 2023.10.21 release on my Clara 2E. It loads the language select for the initial setup but the touchscreen is unresponsive.
Sixthhokage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 07:03 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixthhokage1 View Post
Just tried that 2023.10.21 release on my Clara 2E. It loads the language select for the initial setup but the touchscreen is unresponsive.
Forget Cool Reader. It's dead. Run KOReader instead.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 12:38 PM   #9
Sixthhokage1
Sixthhokage1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Elipsa
"Use KOReader" may or may not be helpful to the OP, but for anyone looking to use the other applications in the Kobo pbchess bundle or applications depending on it for necessary libraries (e.g. the old QtFrotz port) it is not a solution.
Sixthhokage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 05:45 PM   #10
Grzesiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_S View Post
When was the Vlasovsoft bundle discontinued? http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/index.html may show the current version as dating from 2022 but http://files.vlasovsoft.net/kobo/ has an October 2023 version. Has anyone tested the most recent version on a Clara 2e?
It does not work. Frozen start screen as usual.

Tags
clara 2e, cool reader, vlasovsoft