Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2023, 06:58 PM   #1
nuovodna
nuovodna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Margins on ePub sent with SendtoKindle

Hi,
i send ePub to my Kindle PW last gen with SendtoKindle website but i have a problem.
The bottom margin of ebook appear irregular on my Kindle, on some page there is too much white space in the bottom. How can i uniform?

I tried with Calibre settings margins to zeros and add custom CSS
Code:
body {orphans: 0; widows: 0}
but nothing has changed.

Thank you
nuovodna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 08:22 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovodna View Post
Hi,
i send ePub to my Kindle PW last gen with SendtoKindle website but i have a problem.
The bottom margin of ebook appear irregular on my Kindle, on some page there is too much white space in the bottom. How can i uniform?

I tried with Calibre settings margins to zeros and add custom CSS
Code:
body {orphans: 0; widows: 0}
but nothing has changed.

Thank you
Did you remove any other widows and orphans in the CSS?, if not you should try adding !important And please note that widows and orphans set to 0 is an undefined condition—the minimum for widows and orphans is 1. BTW, the ; on the last line is not required but it's a good idea to include it since I've seen several occasions where someone has added code after the original last line and the results have been interesting (for certain values of interesting).

i.e.
Code:
body {
 orphans: 1 !important;
 widows: 1 !important;
}
I would suggest getting acquainted with either or both of Sigil & calibre's ebook editor and the epubcheck plugin for them.

And as a final note, trying converting epub to azw3 with calibre and then sending that azw3 to your Kindle using a USB connection. You can compare the result of this to the same ePub sent via SendToKindle. This can help with sorting issues due Amazon's SendToKindle conversion pipeline.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2023, 04:03 PM   #3
nuovodna
nuovodna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Using your css and switching to epub 3 works.
Thanks for your support!
nuovodna is offline   Reply With Quote