Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2023, 04:57 PM   #31
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I have mine running Google Play and no issues so far, though I have not installed any Google apps so far. I have seen mention that some features of those not working 100%, as Fire OS lacks some APIs they want to use.
Sorry, that's what I meant. Obviously the Playstore itself is only to install some apps:
K9 Email
Lichess
Lithium
Xodo
Pocketbook
Musicolet
Jota
Borrowbox (Bolinda)
Libby
Google's PlayBooks

I notice on the Likebook Boyue Mars that some apps need the Google Framework enabled, such as Playbooks. I expect the Apps that work on that Android with the Framework disabled in settings, will work on Fire 11 (or run but only fail to work properly even with it on because they don't work well with eink, such as every Solitaire I tried : D ). The Playstore and Google Speech Engine etc need the Framework enabled, though I couldn't get TTS working even with the Framework "on".

Last edited by Quoth; 10-27-2023 at 05:05 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 12:28 AM   #32
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Sorry, that's what I meant. Obviously the Playstore itself is only to install some apps:
K9 Email
Lichess
Lithium
Xodo
Pocketbook
Musicolet
Jota
Borrowbox (Bolinda)
Libby
Google's PlayBooks

I notice on the Likebook Boyue Mars that some apps need the Google Framework enabled, such as Playbooks. I expect the Apps that work on that Android with the Framework disabled in settings, will work on Fire 11 (or run but only fail to work properly even with it on because they don't work well with eink, such as every Solitaire I tried : D ). The Playstore and Google Speech Engine etc need the Framework enabled, though I couldn't get TTS working even with the Framework "on".
Libby is available in Amazon's App Store.

It's been awhile since I've shopped for Android apps. Looking for something that will facilitate wireless file transfers to the Fire from my Mac (for example .m4b), and ideally ask what I want to open it with.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert