Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-04-2023, 09:04 PM   #1
kos25k
Connoisseur
kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Amazon Kindle basic
Protection stickers & cases

Hello.I was just wondering what options as regard full body stickers or very thin cases (even screen protectors) we have on our kindle.Can also someone tell if dimensions on all 6" kindles both paperwhite & basic are the same? I personally own the KT4 model (basic 10th gen 2019 model)

https://shopee.sg/Sticker-For-Kindle...89.16810185418
kos25k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:07 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
DecalGirl are very popular and good quality. See their store on Amazon:

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/Kindle-Skins

You would need to go to Kindle Touch. Many designs to choose from. They don't come with screen protectors, it is just a fresh color of paint for the body.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2023, 02:29 PM   #3
kos25k
Connoisseur
kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
DecalGirl are very popular and good quality. See their store on Amazon:

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/Kindle-Skins

You would need to go to Kindle Touch. Many designs to choose from. They don't come with screen protectors, it is just a fresh color of paint for the body.
Thank you for your info,they are brilliant and so much variety to choose from!I just wonder for something else.Is also screen protector possible for such kind of screens?If yes,maybe the final result would be worse and not like stock bookish natural eye feeling cause of possible sticker extra shining? (like tablets screen)
Old 03-05-2023, 02:46 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k View Post
Thank you for your info,they are brilliant and so much variety to choose from!I just wonder for something else.Is also screen protector possible for such kind of screens?If yes,maybe the final result would be worse and not like stock bookish natural eye feeling cause of possible sticker extra shining? (like tablets screen)
Screen protectors are useless, IMO. You are more likely to shatter the substrate than scratch the screen up. If it falls and scratches the screen, you will have a broken substrate. If you have a flimsly cover like you want, and it falls on a corner, even if it is carpet, you probably broke the substrate. Kindle screens are very sensitive, unlike phone that you can throw, and they usually survive.
Old 03-06-2023, 05:57 PM   #5
kos25k
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Screen protectors are useless, IMO. You are more likely to shatter the substrate than scratch the screen up. If it falls and scratches the screen, you will have a broken substrate. If you have a flimsly cover like you want, and it falls on a corner, even if it is carpet, you probably broke the substrate. Kindle screens are very sensitive, unlike phone that you can throw, and they usually survive.
Thank you.So it's better to buy just a sticker and maybe a leather soft from inside carrying case to just put it inside.Any idea here?
Advert
Old 03-06-2023, 06:17 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you.So it's better to buy just a sticker and maybe a leather soft from inside carrying case to just put it inside.Any idea here?
I am not sure. I myself would not use a sticker or decal, neither for protection nor good looks. So I really don't want to give you the wrong kind of advice. My own Kindle Touch has been in the black case from Amazon ever since I bought it. That is a wonderful case. My PW1 is still in the Amazon case that originally got purchased with it. My Oasis2 is happy in the discontinued and recalled magnetic attach cover. I would have gotten the same for my Oasis3, but alas, Amazon got rid of the magnets. So that one is in a Fintie case, just because it is nice and light.

I am surprised nobody chimed in who does use decals.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:45 AM   #7
dewd
Enthusiast
dewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: none
I've a Kindle Voyage - there are fewer options available for it (probably partly because it didn't sell as many units as the PW and partly because the back of it is an odd shape, awkward for stickers/decals) so you might have more choice for your version, but maybe my combo will inspire you. I like my Kindle lightweight and "almost bare", and these are the items I use and am very happy with. The links are all to Amazon UK because that's where I purchased them.

- a Skinomi skin - I've found these to be very good quality: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- a hand-strap for security - this is the one I've been using for several years: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TFY-Securit...ps%2C88&sr=8-1

- a case for storage/travel. I have two. This one is very thin and lightweight: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
...and this one is thicker but offers more protection, as well as a pocket on the front where I can put my glasses, charging cables, etc:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't use a screen protector at all (the Voyage has a more robust screen than many other models). I do have screen protectors on the Kindle PWs that my kids have, and they definitely aren't "invisible", but my kids don't seem to mind. They also have their Kindles in cases which have a hand-strap as part of the case - similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 08:56 AM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I've bought several decals from Decalgirl over the years, but not recently. My Kindles always go into a Smart Cover, and I don't take them out unless replacing the cover. So the price of the decals didn't make sense for just the bezel area. Although the decal meant for the back of the Kindle can be put on the inside of the cover flap so it shows when you're reading. My current Kindle Paperwhite doesn't have a decal, I can't justify the $20 cost with the grocery and gas bills as high as they are.

I've never used a screen protector on any of my Kindles. It's just not necessary IMO. When not being used, the cover is closed.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 01:43 AM   #9
kos25k
Connoisseur

Thanks both of u for usefull info! as most are unavailable, it seems that i will make my own protection leather case fitted exactly for my precious kindle 😇🥰😇
Old 03-13-2023, 03:42 AM   #10
geod
geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
If you ever use the kindle without a case or cover you can buy a film screen protector. I got this as an example

TiMOVO Screen Protector Compatible with Kindle Paperwhite 6.8-Inch(11th Generation,2021) and Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition, Anti-Glare Scratch Resistant PET Screen Film Protector, Matte

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BV6FYY59?...R4F9P6CXNJ1N4E

On my older Kindle Paperwhite, without a screen protector, I got deep scratches on the screen.
geod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 01:22 AM   #11
kos25k
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geod View Post
If you ever use the kindle without a case or cover you can buy a film screen protector. I got this as an example

TiMOVO Screen Protector Compatible with Kindle Paperwhite 6.8-Inch(11th Generation,2021) and Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition, Anti-Glare Scratch Resistant PET Screen Film Protector, Matte

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BV6FYY59?...R4F9P6CXNJ1N4E

On my older Kindle Paperwhite, without a screen protector, I got deep scratches on the screen.
That's interesting.Does it affect the touches and the "physical looking" of the e-book?
Old 03-14-2023, 06:35 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You don't need a screen protector. It's a waste of money. I've owned an eInk Reader since the end of 2006 and I have never had a screen protector. I've never needed one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:17 PM   #13
geod
geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geod knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
It affects the look a little bit as the screen protector is antiglare, so its a matte surface. But, touches are fine.

For me the tradeoff is worth it as it protects the screen. The new Paperwhites with the flush screen, the top layer is plastic which can be scratched.

On the basic kindle the screen is recessed so it's less likely to get scratched if used with a cover or case.
geod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 03:56 AM   #14
kos25k
Connoisseur

hey, yesterday i posted a link from a case i bought from temu and someone deleted it.What is the reason?Aren't we allowed to post links from temu here?
Old 11-04-2023, 08:15 PM   #15
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
hey, yesterday i posted a link from a case i bought from temu and someone deleted it.What is the reason?Aren't we allowed to post links from temu here?
If you have to ask. There might be a few legit products sold on Temu, and a whole bunch of shady, fake, counterfeit ones. There is a policy against pirate book sites. Temu falls morally under the same category.