Notices

Old 11-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Zonk/PJ
Zonk/PJ began at the beginning.

Device: Undecided
HP Ebook reader?

First of all Hi!
This is my first post...

Today in Spain the SIMO has begun (it's a new technologies Forum) in Madrid. Watching the TV i've seen a ebook reader by HP that looked really cool. The new has said nothing about the reader, but the images show a reader ot the same size that the Sony Reader, but "double paged" i mean it displayed two pages, and when you turn pages they actually turn, like in a real book...

Does anybody know anything?
I'm going to buy a reader after christmas, but don't know which one yet, and if HP is going to sell one i would like to know more before making a decission...

Thanks and by...
Zonk/PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
Here is the link from BBC about HP ebook:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3173835.stm

This story was published in the year of 2003. Since then, I don't have any idea what's the improvement from HP.
hkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
Zonk/PJ
Zonk/PJ began at the beginning.

Device: Undecided
I have seen the product again on TV, it seems it's beign presented in the SIMO.
The reader is very similar to the one of your link. although slightly different. It seemed a little smaller and thinner.
The images i've seen show a much more quick screen refresh than the Sony reader (visually is exactly like turning pages in a book...)
But i can't find anything at HP website... :-(

We will see...

ZONK / PJ
Zonk/PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:08 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I wonder what kind of processing power and operating system this will have. Is it more like a UMPC, a PDA, does it have input, will it show pictures, movies?

Interesting size. Looks more like the business machine I want than a reader. Smaller than tablets, bigger than PDAs but too big to be a dedicated reader. If only it were color eink...sigh!

I figure that if I continues asking someone will make it!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote