Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
FreeScale: MCIMX6L80VN10AB http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit.../IMX6SRSFS.pdf
Samsung: K4P2G324ED https://www.samsung.com/global/busin...productId=7611

Sorry, I can't read the flash chip part number, maybe get a photo-retake on that one?
OR
Human eyeballs?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #47
npoland
1st KPW2 JB
npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: PW2
In case anyone else wants to know the chip is... Max77696a
npoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #48
jsherm101
jsherm101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...romSearch=true

Some more data about the processor than what freescale's promo sheet shares.
jsherm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherm101 View Post
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...romSearch=true

Some more data about the processor than what freescale's promo sheet shares.
Right, nice correction.
I probably should have linked the more general:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...p?code=i.MX6SL

But hey, this is only day 2 of the device's release.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #50
jsherm101
jsherm101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Right, nice correction.
I probably should have linked the more general:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...p?code=i.MX6SL

But hey, this is only day 2 of the device's release.
no sweat your info has been so interesting. I have a very weak grasp of the inner workings but still i'm really excited to see what gets figured out! Hardware isn't too exciting but still potential!

I'm a convert from my Nook Simple Touch. I really liked how it ran full Android but it was way too laggy. The lighting on this new unit is also great! I miss the external storage though...
jsherm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #51
knc1
Going Viral

Other info

Sales flyer on the dev board:
http://cache.freescale.com/files/32b...KFS.pdf?fpsp=1

The documentation link (including Linux reference builds):
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...umentation_Tab

i.MX6 information center (you may have to be logged in for this one):
http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/...X%2Findex.html

Last edited by knc1; 10-03-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #52
knc1
Going Viral

Mile-stone #1

npoland now has the **only** MR Jailbroken Kpw-Gen2 (on day 3 of the device release).

Whoot!

Everyone else - keep hoping for mile-stone #2 - when the process is simplified for general use.

Currently it requires a serial port connection and with an Electronics Engineer at the keyboard.

PS: It is no different than the long, hard, manual, way of Jailbreaking the Kindle Touch device (which Geekmaster has well documented here).
Old 10-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #53
knc1
Going Viral

Amazon Package Keys

The Amazon link to the Kpw-Gen2 sources is working today.

The released source bundle for 5.4.0 does not contain the signing keys required to install packages with the Kindle's installer.

Not any different than before (they have never released the private key of the key-pair).

But this time they goofed up - -
The gnutls_2.8.4 used in the build is GPLv3 !!

With GPLv3 license, the vendor **must** release any keys required to load end-user created software to the device.

ALL RIGHT WORLD, stop complaining and just call in the first-string legal team.

Amazon just shot themselves in the foot, and we can help them bleed.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #54
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@npoland: Count me in for being interested in the main partition filesystem dump.

@knc1: Are you sure? GnuTLS is released under the LGPL. Which means that as long as they only use it, but don't modify any part of it, they are not required to distribute any sources.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #55
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@npoland: Count me in for being interested in the main partition filesystem dump.

@knc1: Are you sure? GnuTLS is released under the LGPL. Which means that as long as they only use it, but don't modify any part of it, they are not required to distribute any sources.
I may have mis-read it.
I will re-check that, and correct my post as required.

Thanks for the proof-read.

I will PM you about the raw image files

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by copying
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 3, 29 June 2007
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by copying
"Installation Information" for a User Product means any methods,
procedures, authorization keys, or other information required to install
and execute modified versions of a covered work in that User Product from
a modified version of its Corresponding Source. The information must
suffice to ensure that the continued functioning of the modified object
code is in no case prevented or interfered with solely because
modification has been made.
@ixtab: Do you want the beverage concession at the trial?
It will probably be a long one, and very dry.

Last edited by knc1; 10-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #56
makeminemaudlin
makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.makeminemaudlin is faster than slow light.

Device: none
I've been following this thread dutifully. Is there anything I can do to help short of tearing my PW2 down?
makeminemaudlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #57
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminemaudlin View Post
I've been following this thread dutifully. Is there anything I can do to help short of tearing my PW2 down?
At this time, the only way to install the MobileRead jailbreak certificate is by using the serial port.

Thanks for the offer, but if you don't want to tear it down -
Hope for an early "Milestone #2"
Old 10-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #58
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@knc1: You're right, the 2.8.4 version that they bundled is indeed licensed under GPLv3. But to be honest, I don't understand a thing of the legalese. (I mean it: my english is simply not good enough to grasp the meaning of those sentences).

If you are confident about this, it may well be worth reporting to the FSF, or to gpl-violations.org. Amazon is quite a big player, so if they really failed to comply, I'm sure that there will be more than enough interest in the matter...

In any case, thanks for searching and finding this!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #59
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
In any case, thanks for searching and finding this!
I posted when I found the first occurance, there may be others.

Will make a better search in the near future.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #60
npoland
1st KPW2 JB
npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.npoland puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: PW2
Whoo first!.

I hope milestone# 2 happens soon too!
Anything else I can do to help it happen I will
npoland is offline   Reply With Quote