Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Calibre content server web view on Sony PRS-T3

Hi,

Yesterday, I was testing out the web browser on my Sony PRS-T3 by visiting my Calibre content server. I switched out of mobile view and I was able to navigate the content server on my device without much trouble.

However, I did hit a snag when I tried to sort the data by Date. The default was title.

When I selected the dropdown it only listed 4 options and sadly Date was not one of them. I'm not sure how to scroll down a dropdown on an e-ink device? I was hoping someone here would know what I'm doing wrong?

My other question, is if there is no way to scroll down a drop down from the e-ink device, is it possible to set the sort column defaults somewhere besides my device?

I changed the default sorting on my computer from "Title" to "Date" but when I viewed the content server on my Sony PRS and Android Firefox browser the sort column still displayed Title.

I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,
Sharon
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want aa list sorted by date without using the dropdown, simply click the link that says "newest" on the home page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you want aa list sorted by date without using the dropdown, simply click the link that says "newest" on the home page.
But will that work if I'm using the custom column information? I have a Status column for complete and in-progress stories.

What I wanted to do was view the completed stories with the newest listed first.

Otherwise, I may as well use the mobile version of the content server.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
But will that work if I'm using the custom column information? I have a Status column for complete and in-progress stories.

What I wanted to do was view the completed stories with the newest listed first.

Otherwise, I may as well use the mobile version of the content server.
Does that custom column store the date you changed its status? I doubt it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Does that custom column store the date you changed its status? I doubt it.
The date it "sorts by" is the date the item was last updated.

The date is listed as an option on my computer's Firefox browser, my android phone browser, and I can see the sort box on the e-ink device browser. I'm assuming the sort by date option is available if I can reach it. The problem is I can't scroll on the drop down menu of the e-ink browser.

I was hoping someone knew if drop down menu scrolling is even possible on e-ink devices? Or if there is a trick to it that I missed in the manual?

What I'm trying to sort is irrelevant. It's the scrolling on a drop down menu that is the issue. And it's possible that this question may be better suited for the device forums? I'm not actually sure if all e-ink browsers work the same?

EDIT: Also, it would be nice to know if other people can use the "sort by" function with scrolling on their e-ink devices when they use the Calibre content server?

Last edited by Amalthia; 01-28-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have yet to find anything useful the sony T3 browser can do, except increase blood pressure
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I have yet to find anything useful the sony T3 browser can do, except increase blood pressure
I suspect I will not use it much since so many functions are limited. At the moment, it is less stressful to sideload ebooks to my device than try to add them through the browser interface.

Tags
content server, sony t-3, web browser