Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 03-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #1
Unregistered
Nameless Being

automatic copy mode

hi!

what i really would like to see in the palm version of isilo is a mode, where a word is copied into the clipboard when the pen is lifted after selecting - in this way i could use isilo much more comfortable with MS Dict, whichs translates everything in the clipboard by double-tapping the find button..

ideal it would be, if scrolling would stop for a moment (so that i can tap on the find button) and would start again when isilo has the focus again (after MS Dict showed the translation)

and, btw, why isn't there a "start scroll" button in the bottom line?

regards

pete

Old 03-27-2003, 07:22 AM   #2
wumpi
Enthusiast
wumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it is

I definitely agree to that. Would be very practical especially when reading foreign texts!
Advert
Old 03-27-2003, 08:15 AM   #3
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Re: automatic copy mode

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
what i really would like to see in the palm version of isilo is a mode, where a word is copied into the clipboard when the pen is lifted after selecting - in this way i could use isilo much more comfortable with MS Dict, whichs translates everything in the clipboard by double-tapping the find button..
Agreed. Right now, I have to tap the icon to go to edit mode, highlight the word, do a lower-left-to-upper-right graffiti slash, a graffiti "C", then tap Find (I have it set for a single tap), then I finally get the MSDict definition...actually, once used to the sequence it's not terrible, but could definitely be improved!

With HandStory all I have to do is tap the word (it auto highlights and auto copies to clipboard), then tap find. Viola. So it can be done.

Pete, why don't you suggest this to the iSilo develop? And please register here as well! We love having guests, but love having guests become members even more!
Old 03-27-2003, 02:59 PM   #4
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
What version of HS are you using? Mine does no such thing. If I want to copy text into the clipboard, I must first invoke the copy function (menu-view-copy text), then highlight the word (not just tap on it), then hit the "copy" button. That's certainly more complicated than in iSilo. Is there some version of HS I don't know about? RadleyP
Old 03-27-2003, 03:02 PM   #5
p_starpower
p_starpower began at the beginning.

Device: clie
ok, pete just registered

but - where can i suggest that feature at the right place?

p_
Advert
Old 03-27-2003, 04:24 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
here is already a good place. the developer of iSilo comes here from time to time so he will read our wishes
Old 03-27-2003, 04:37 PM   #7
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by radleyp
What version of HS are you using? Mine does no such thing.
I'm using 2.3, but it's not a version thing...it's a preference.

Go to Options, Scroll Preferences...then check "Use Screen Tap to" and in the drop-down selection to the right choose "Copy Word." Now when you tap a word, it's copied to the clip board.

You may already be using this for the two scroll options, and if so, you'll have to decide which way to go. I'm not a big scroll fan (although I use scroll sometimes in iSilo), so using the "Copy word" setting was fine for me.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:51 PM   #8
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
GVT: thanks, I discovered it playing with it. PRadley
Old 03-27-2003, 05:15 PM   #9
p_starpower
p_starpower began at the beginning.

Device: clie
alex,

maybe you can point them to that thread? (with you conections )

p_