Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #21901
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Cold coffee
Welcome back! Hot coffee in mine .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #21902
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
That should have done wonders for your IGF-1 ratings. Would be interesting to know what your levels are now. The programme said that high levels of IGF-1 is a major contributor to age-related diseases. One of the scientists interviewed on the programme was saying that after a year of such a diet, you practically wipe out the possibility of getting any of these diseases.

Today is going to be a fast day for me. So far I have had one cup of Rooibos and a small apple. Just looking for online calorie calculators to help keep track.
I use this one to learn calorie and nutrient levels. But quite often it fails to show me what I need, as many of the Japanese foods aren't listed. Then I have to have my wife consult one of the Japanese sites. But to be frank, I don't keep a strict daily count. I 'know' that a small bowl of rice, a package of fake crab, and some pickled veggies equals 'about' 350 calories. I know that the Starbuck's "Veggie & Chicken Salad Wrap" is 182 calories (if they are telling the truth) and half a grilled chicken breast and a head of broccoli is less than 300 calories. If I eat more during one meal, no problem. My goal is to keep under 800-1,000 calories per day, and get good strenuous exercise too. If one day I get the urge for a cheesburger... no problem. I don't know what the calorie count is, but I'll be sure that the next meal is really low to balance it. I'm not looking for exact numbers, just the concept.

It's actually pretty easy here as so many of the restaurants are now printing calorie and sodium levels next to each menu item.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #21903
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I'm going to record the calorie count of my meals for the next few weeks just to get a feel, and because this 5:2 fasting diet is very specific about keeping under 600 calories on the fast days I will keep an accurate record for a while. I suspect that if I do manage to keep it up long-term I will move to the rough estimation method. I am a pragmatist, after all .

And thanks for the link. I have also found this one, which has a lot of UK and US foods.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #21904
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cold coffee
Welcome back, desertblues! We've missed you!

Stitchawl
Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #21905
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
And thanks for the link. I have also found this one, which has a lot of UK and US foods.
Good link! Thanks! I see that you can deal with your 600 cal days by eating 5 double coated Tim Tams!

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #21906
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Cup two of Pu-Erh. Lucas is having fun waking his parents up at all hours of the night. He has hit the four month sleep regression, bad sleep is just normal for most babies, and the time change has not helped. Last night he got up four times between 9 PM and 5:45 AM. Twice we were able to get him back down with some cuddle time and rocking. The other two times required food. Hubby was not happy that Lucas was smiling, giggling, and cooing away at 5:30 this morning. The dogs took it as their cue to try and get up and start their day. I leave the house at 5:45 so there is not much I could do to help. Last I heard, Lucas was in his crib with the mobil on and not enjoying the solo time. He wanted to be with Dad.

His four month appointment is Thursday, it was suppose to be Tuesday but Sandy interferred with that. I am going to be chatting with the doctor about adding a little bit of rice cereal to his evening bottle in hopes of getting him through the night. He ate 45 ounces of forumla yesterday.

And on a more humerous, at least to me, note. I share an office with a birther. We were discussing how great it will be when the election is over. He commented that the Redskins loss indicates a new President. I pointed out that those correlations are silly but that I thought Obama would win. I also said I was surprised that he won last time because I did not think that the US was ready to elect an African American. He commented that Obama wasn't an American. Internally I groaned, externally I said "Yes he is" and we went back to work.

Six more hours of work....
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #21907
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cold coffee
It's about damn time. Welcome back!!!!

(hugs)

I am sorry for sucking at responding to PM's.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #21908
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm going to record the calorie count of my meals for the next few weeks just to get a feel, and because this 5:2 fasting diet is very specific about keeping under 600 calories on the fast days I will keep an accurate record for a while. I suspect that if I do manage to keep it up long-term I will move to the rough estimation method. I am a pragmatist, after all .

I find that a food diary helps me catch all the small snacks that I forget about. If I am going up in weight I will start one again just to be honest with myself regarding what I am eating.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #21909
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
And on a more humerous, at least to me, note. I share an office with a birther. We were discussing how great it will be when the election is over. He commented that the Redskins loss indicates a new President. I pointed out that those correlations are silly but that I thought Obama would win. I also said I was surprised that he won last time because I did not think that the US was ready to elect an African American. He commented that Obama wasn't an American. Internally I groaned, externally I said "Yes he is" and we went back to work.

Six more hours of work....
According to Chris Rock he is the whitest candidate too..

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #21910
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Nothing right now, but about to remedy that with a Coke Zero. Man, what a fun, exhausting weekend. Wife and I went over to Magic Kingdom in Orlando on Saturday night. Also took her to her favorite Mexican restaurant while we were there. We bought two annual passes for us, then on Sunday, we met up with my best friend and his wife for a day at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. Good times were had by all. We got home last night, ordered some pizza, and I crashed out during Sunday Night Football. Good times!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #21911
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Welcome back! Hot coffee in mine .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Welcome back, desertblues! We've missed you!

Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
It's about damn time. Welcome back!!!!

(hugs)....
(had to search hard for the 'multi-quote button.....)

Thanks all; though I read all your news, but it isn't the same as posting.
I do have a tiny morsel more time now I'm editing footnotes/citations and such.
Prof Crash: I would have to walk some miles to see such a handsome babyboy as yours!

In my cup: hot Rooibos vanila spice (with kardamon), as it is only 3 degrees and rain and wind.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #21912
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Cup three of Pu Erh. I'll have to figure out what I want next. One of the good things about being back at work and having had the baby is that my tea is back. This makes me happy.

I am trying to go through what I have before ordering more tea. I have far more tins then I have tea now. I have decided that there are some teas that I really like but don't drink frequently enough because there are teas I like even more and I just don't need to order them. I am leaning towards ordering more of the stuff that I like and keeping some at home and at work.

I also found that adding tea to birthday and Christmas lists is a great idea. It worked wonderfully for my Birthday. Lots of Oolongs refilled.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #21913
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Hot coffee for me this morning. Yum.

Quote:
In my cup: hot Rooibos vanila spice (with kardamon),
That sounds so good. I love Rooibos.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #21914
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Coffee, always. Cold, often.
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #21915
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Dr Pepper. Getting ready to make me some tea. Not sure what I am going to make, probably a green tea.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?