Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
coase
Enthusiast
coase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
Using M-Edge

I got an M-Edge cover during the $14.95 sale and really like its looks. But something bothers me. How do you deal with the loose strap when reading? It's like a tongue hanging out and I try my best to fold it back or off to the side when reading but it doesn't work as well as the no strap original. If not for this detail, it would completely beat the old cover for me. As it is, I may shift back and forth to see which I like.

Last edited by coase; 09-11-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typo
coase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
I tuck the strap under the edge of the book, but leave it sticking out about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. It provides a sort of "notch" to rest my hand on and support the book. Quite comfortable for me.
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I fold it back and into the slot used to close the cover. Like rjfarrell, I find it gives my right hand something to rest on when I'm reading with one hand.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
coase
Enthusiast
coase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
But to fold it back into the slot, don't you have to fold the book cover back?
coase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
I just let it sit there. It never really bothered me....

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by coase View Post
But to fold it back into the slot, don't you have to fold the book cover back?
Yes........which makes it even easier to hold by slipping your fingers between the cover and back.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Yes........which makes it even easier to hold by slipping your fingers between the cover and back.
I agree, I fold the whole cover back and slip it into the slot, it is super easy to hold with one hand.
tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #8
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Since it's about the turning pages buttons' height, I simply end up keeping it out of the screen with my hand- either sticking out or folding back. I prefere to keep the "bookish" look in the whole Reader + cover combo, so I don't usually fold back the left side of the cover, unless I'm reading in landscape mode
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:15 AM   #9
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I fold the back cover back and tuck the end of the flap into the back cover and easily hold it with my hand between the covers. When I use my mighty bright, I clip it to the back cover and it offers illumination without any glare.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote