Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #91
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Never, ever worry about What They Might Think while you are writing.
Yup, that's the rule I tend to follow. Of course, that doesn't stop me wondering It's interesting... in Australia, swearing seems much more culturally acceptable than in the USA. Just from what I've seen, and the comments and reviews I've received on DEAD(ish). I did cringe from the swearing occasionally while writing this book, mind - but the characters in my head really seemed to need it. Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Congrats on the success!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Nom,

I was highly offended by your naughty words usage.
Good stuff. Please write to your nearest newspaper and complain bitterly about it. I could do with the free advertising...
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #92
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Oh, don't you worry! I already went to the BBB and filed a formal complaint to request my money back!!

With that said, I love Dead(ish) and think it's by far one of the most deliciously disgusting reads of the new year! :-p

Last edited by jaxx6166; 01-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #93
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, don't you worry! I already went to the BBB and filed a formal complaint to request my money back!!
Good luck with that.

Quote:
With that said, I love Dead(ish) and think it's by far one of the most deliciously disgusting reads of the new year! :-p
Thanks! I never tire of being told my work is disgusting
Old 01-14-2010, 02:19 AM   #94
nomesque

Speaking of people disliking DEAD(ish)... wowsers! B&N readers are NOT rating it highly! I've noticed a few people giving it 0 stars and then doing a detailed rating and giving every aspect 0 stars... Now there's dedicated dislike!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:22 AM   #95
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Naomi,
B&N must have a very different customer base. I loved the outrageous characters and storyline.
I came across the below review. Have you seen this yet?
http://insertbooktitle.blogspot.com/2009/12/deadish-by-naomi-kramer-and-black-silk.html
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 AM   #96
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Naomi,
B&N must have a very different customer base. I loved the outrageous characters and storyline.
I came across the below review. Have you seen this yet?
http://insertbooktitle.blogspot.com/2009/12/deadish-by-naomi-kramer-and-black-silk.html
I have, thanks There are a few circulating, which has really given me a buzz! And I keep a fairly close eye out, because I'm a little obsessed... a hen with one chick!

Yeah, the B&N reaction is a little odd, especially since there are no negative reviews, just negative ratings. *shrug* But then I knew all along that I'd get negative reactions to my writing, since I don't exactly tone it down to avoid offending folks So I'm not surprised, shocked or traumatised, just curious what aspect of the possible offensiveness has caused the bad ratings! I suspect that I've received mainly positive reviews before B&N because people mostly had an idea what they were in for before they read it - B&N have it on the front page of their Free Ebooks listing, and there are probably a lot of people just downloading it and then being horribly shocked Or, of course, I've hit a motherlode of people who simply think my writing style sucks donkey brains.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #97
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I have, thanks There are a few circulating, which has really given me a buzz! And I keep a fairly close eye out, because I'm a little obsessed... a hen with one chick!

Yeah, the B&N reaction is a little odd, especially since there are no negative reviews, just negative ratings. *shrug* But then I knew all along that I'd get negative reactions to my writing, since I don't exactly tone it down to avoid offending folks So I'm not surprised, shocked or traumatised, just curious what aspect of the possible offensiveness has caused the bad ratings! I suspect that I've received mainly positive reviews before B&N because people mostly had an idea what they were in for before they read it - B&N have it on the front page of their Free Ebooks listing, and there are probably a lot of people just downloading it and then being horribly shocked Or, of course, I've hit a motherlode of people who simply think my writing style sucks donkey brains.
That sounds more like Dr Drib's style of writing...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smashwords