Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Kempis, Thomas à: The Imitation of Christ, 5 Feb 2008

"The Imitation of Christ" has been translated into more languages and read by more people than any other book excepting the Bible as such it is a fitting book for today.

Tomorrow, 6 Feb 2008, is Ash Wed., the beginning of High Lent. During the season of Lent there are many penitential practices. Some will forego a favorite food, or form of entertainment. Which are laudable practices - and would be all the more laudable if the money saved where to be given to the poor.

But we really need to go beyond the bounds of negative practices and do something positive, such as reading "The Imitation of Christ" so as to know him better and to improve our spiritual lives.

To that end I am posting the four books in BBeb (.lrf) format. These books have easy to use TOCs and are chapter formatted. I trust that you will find them useful.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Imitation of Christ Book1.lrf (191.8 KB, 400 views)
File Type: lrf The Imitation of Christ Book2.lrf (160.1 KB, 379 views)
File Type: lrf The Imitation of Christ Book3.lrf (670.0 KB, 370 views)
File Type: lrf The Imitation of Christ Book4.lrf (591.9 KB, 370 views)
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Very nice. This is our third Imitation - RWood has one in vol VII of the Harvard Classic series, and TS Greer has posted one too. I shall compare them and see which one finds its way onto my Reader.
I think that yours is the longest - so presumably the most complete - one, though.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
I was unaware of the version in the Harvard Classic series. I have looked at the version uploaded by TS Greer and in it the issues of navigation have not been really addressed. Also I was somewhat put off by the overall lack of organization in the file. Among other things all of the chapters run one into another wiith no breaks between them.

The one in the Harvard Classics seems to have even fewer navigation abilities. Indeed it does not appear to have even the most rudimentary of TOCs.

That being said it is indeed clear that my files are much larger. I suspect that there are several reasons for this. First of all my personal penchant for extended and extensive navigational abilities certainly must create some issues including those of size in my files. Also the fact that I have included a 200k byte jpeg as a cover swells the file size (though not by 200k). and I am coming to the conclusion that libprs500, wonderful program it may be, tends to create larger files than many other programs. Note that my pdf file of the kjv bible is smaller than the sum of sizes of the bible in .lrf format.

I guess which file you choose to put on your machine will depend in large part to how much "pretty" is worth to you?
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote