Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Please tell me about the Kindle DX for PDFs

I already have a Kindle Keyboard, but the screen is a bit small for PDF's
Since I have a lot of Manuals that are in PDF format and really would like the
ability to read them on a kindle instead of on the computer or in Paper format.

I have read various threads and seen pictures and it looks
like the KIndle DX should work for me for reading PDFs.

Is there anything I should know before I buy one?

Thank you
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
PDF's will look twice as good on a DXG vs a K3 keyboard. Not the perfect pdf reader, but pretty darn good imho. Buy from Amazon and if you don't like it just return it within 30 days.

Cheers,
TomC
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
PDF's will look twice as good on a DXG vs a K3 keyboard. Not the perfect pdf reader, but pretty darn good imho. Buy from Amazon and if you don't like it just return it within 30 days.

Cheers,
TomC

Thank you

I picked one up and loaded up a few manuals on it.
It looks like it should work out pretty good.

I have been holding off buying one book since it is 2000+ pages
and the paper is so thin that others said it was hard to read.
Having the PDF version should make it easier to read.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote