Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Buzz22
Buzz22 doesn't litterBuzz22 doesn't litterBuzz22 doesn't litter

Device: h-x8
Generic Reader Book Loading Problems

I recently bought a generic reader (model number h-x8), as it's from China the instructions are somewhat lacking. Anyway, it's supposed to be able to read books in the EPUB format, I've downloaded the Adobe Digital rights thing and bought a book but I don't know how to get it onto the reader. When the reader is plugged into the computer no buttons on it are able to be activated. I can see the reader in my windows explorer but that doesn't seem to help. I'm hoping that someone else out there has had similar problems with a generic reader. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Buzz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
With the device connected to your windows PC the internal flash memory of the device
should appear as an external drive letter. With the drive and explorer set to allow you
to see System and Hidden files and folders, see if there is an ".adobe-digital-editions"
folder that has a "device.xml" file in it. Without that ADE on your PC will not see the
device as one that it needs to authorize.

If you have a "Digital Editions" folder with a "manifest.xml" file then your device has already been authorized with ADE.

When in ADE on your PC you go to the "Library" display mode and you will see "Bookshelves", once you have a device authorized it will be added to your Bookshelves selections.

So.. Do you already have your device listed in the ADE program "Library" bookshelves
listing?

What dose your device have as folders and files in its internal Flash memory?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
greenie
greenie began at the beginning.

Device: Imagin 5"
My device does not appear as an external drive nor does it appear in the library. I am certain the Driver is missing but I cant find it on the internet.
greenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie View Post
My device does not appear as an external drive nor does it appear in the library. I am certain the Driver is missing but I cant find it on the internet.
What did you mean when you posted that "I can see the reader in my
windows explorer"? What is it you see and where?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz22 View Post
I recently bought a generic reader (model number h-x8), as it's from China the instructions are somewhat lacking. Anyway, it's supposed to be able to read books in the EPUB format, I've downloaded the Adobe Digital rights thing and bought a book but I don't know how to get it onto the reader. When the reader is plugged into the computer no buttons on it are able to be activated. I can see the reader in my windows explorer but that doesn't seem to help. I'm hoping that someone else out there has had similar problems with a generic reader. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
If you installed the Adobe Digital Rights (ADE) 'thingie' (and authorized your PC)
It should see your Adobe (capable) reader.
The next step is to complete the reader authorization process via ADE
Then ADE will even let you send the book to your reader.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert