Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #31
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I went with the HD version. It supports plugins, so I'm hoping there's something akin to AdBlocker on Firefox.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #32
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Anyone like Maxthon? In the Amazon app store.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #33
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I installed the HD version. I really wasn't sure which to choose as I wasn't sure of the differences, but I thought maybe the mini might be lacking some things, so I just went with the HD version.

Actually, other than add-ons, Dolphin-Mini is a full featured browser. Fast too.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #34
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
Firefox is showing some signs of sluggishness. I may just keep with Dolphin. I really do like the synch feature of Firefox and Android.

I was hoping version 9 would be an improvement over version 8. Apparently it's not. I still have your download link and may take a look at it though.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #35
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I went with the HD version. It supports plugins, so I'm hoping there's something akin to AdBlocker on Firefox.
There is. Grab it here: http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...rowser-add-ons
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #36
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Ahh, thanks much. That was exactly what I was looking for, and it works too.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #37
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
For some reason the dolphin ad blocker doesn't work for me.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #38
carld
Wizard

Quote:
It doesn't yet work as well as AdBlock in Firefox, but it does seem to work. If you go to say cnn.com do you see any boxes with little green down arrows in the middle? Those are blocked ads.

The filter needs to be updated, not sure if there's a way to do that other than entering blocks manually though.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #39
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
It doesn't yet work as well as AdBlock in Firefox, but it does seem to work. If you go to say cnn.com do you see any boxes with little green down arrows in the middle? Those are blocked ads.

The filter needs to be updated, not sure if there's a way to do that other than entering blocks manually though.
I see. Yes, I did see a couple of arrow boxes, but for the most part the forums I visit still have ads. Ah well. Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #40
carld
Wizard

Quote:
I see. Yes, I did see a couple of arrow boxes, but for the most part the forums I visit still have ads. Ah well. Thanks for your reply.
Yep, the filter doesn't know about that ads yet. On Firefox it's simple to add a filter by right-clicking. I don't see a way to do it in Dolphin yet, except to manually type ad links into the blocked list.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #41
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
if you are rooted, you can install AdAway from the market.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #42
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
The menu for. Dolphin mini is blocked by the menu on the Fire in the bottom middle in both orientations
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #43
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
if you are rooted, you can install AdAway from the market.
I'm not rooted, but thank you for the suggestion.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #44
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
The menu for. Dolphin mini is blocked by the menu on the Fire in the bottom middle in both orientations
Strange, this isn't happening on my son's Fire.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #45
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Strange, this isn't happening on my son's Fire.
It's not happening on mine either. It works fine.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote