Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
HD Game Apps

Are they worth the extra price and the bloated size? The HD ones always say for tablets, but the regular versions are usually also compatible with the fire. Which one do you usually choose and do you notice any significant difference?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I don't think there's THAT much of a difference that would justify the increase in price. But, that's just me. The regular ones tend to scale up well enough for my tastes.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
The "bloated size" isn't really noticable on the Fire. I haven't noticed the additional cost. But the additional resolution also isn't generally important to me; I'm playing a game - i.e. something with perhaps 25x30 spaces for tanks on a scrolling screen, or seven jewels horizontally, or a moving mouth eating Pez and dodging ghosts, or showing me a few of my cards and five for the community... resolution isn't a limiting factor in these.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The size makes a difference to me because I have so many games on my kindle that it really starts to eat into the app space. For instance, I have 4 games that are almost 25 mb's each. (All HD) I now wish that I had bought them in the standard version as they are so much smaller, but at the time I didn't think much of it. And I don't want to delete them off the device and send them to the cloud because I believe I'll lose my stats and progress on them. (I think so at least?)
Old 01-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
GhostKobold
GhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the roughGhostKobold is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 4g, Kindle Fire, Nook ST
On sentinel 3, the HD graphics pack is not an extra cost just an option, I did notice a difference after I downloaded it...would I have paid more for the difference? Not really sure...but I do like it enough to keep it on the fire even though it eats up more hard drive than it would otherwise.....
GhostKobold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Is the Fire's screen HD? I thought it wasn't.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

It's not HD, no. One of the reasons why I don't understand the HD apps and that I was wondering if there can really be much difference.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
One reason to get 'HD' games is so that if/when you get a higher resolution Android tablet, you don't have to purchase the game again to use on that.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote