Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
canezila
Edge User

Hypothetical about a TV streaming app

Hello. I was wondering if I bought an app (or found a free equivalent) TV streaming app, would it be able to be converted to full eDGe screen if I knew what I was doing?

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/android-software/tv/

It seems like a very, very cool thing to be ran on the eDGe. I mean, the eDGe has a great screen to watch video and TV.. I feel like I am under-utilizing its features.

Does anyone know if it can be done or have alternatives?

Thanks... Brian

Old 07-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

Most "regular" productivity apps that just use the standard GUI tools tend to convert to full screen reliably. Things that manipulate the screen bitmap more directly often have issues (I.e. games). Most games I've run across do not convert well to full screen. I don't know exactly how the TV streamer works , but it may fall into the latter category. Can't know for sure until you've tried it. Or you may just want to wait a while until they support a higher version of Android or specifically state support for large screen tablets.

Last edited by kenjennings; 07-30-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
emen
Edge User

I would suggest trying out the free version of SPB TV (there is a free version with fewer channels). I have been trying to install some streaming video software to my Edge, but with no luck. The only one that works is RealPlayer, and it supports streaming video.