Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
willyj802
willyj802 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Need help please!

So I get this, what I thought was new, PRS-300 Sony from my sister the other day. Come to find it was a demo model and really won't do much. I have been reading quite a few threads and everyone seems to know a lot about reflashing or customizing these devices. Can anyone help? This thing basically turns on and that's about it! Is there a customizer for the 300?
willyj802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, willyj802

Someone should step in soon, and if not, perhaps posting in the regular Sony forum instead of the developers corner might help?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I don't know of a way to reflash the official Sony firmware on the 300, since it doesn't have an SD card (and everything I've seen refers to using the SD card).

However, if you're willing to have a modified Sony 300, using an alternative firmware, you might want to check out the alternate Sony software thread.

Otherwise, I hope someone else here can help. I think the member porkupan is the fellow who's "russified" various Sony versions and he might have a good answer for you.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
You could flash with http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...0%20Update.zip, but it's a modified 505 flasher, so you'll have to flash with 300 firmware afterwards.

Your options are:
porkupan (aka boroda's) flasher: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12017
amutin's flasher: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11814

You also might find PRS+ interesting (it adds folder / book history support among other things).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87914
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Igorsk found official instructions for getting out of demo mode on a 300. He posted it on this thread.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert