Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Djehuty
Connoisseur
Djehuty began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need help finding a good non-leather Kindle 3 cover

I've been trying to find a good cover for my Kindle 3, with no luck yet. I've tried several from M-Edge. One was too slippery to hold, one would have been perfect if the bottom loops for holding the Kindle had been sewn in properly (the Kindle could fall right out -- I tried that cover twice, with the same defect in both), and one which is supposed to stand upright won't stand upright.

My father has an excellent Kindle cover, from Marware, which would be absolutely perfect, except for one detail: it's made of leather. I'm a vegetarian, so leather is out.

I like the look of the Eco-nique hemp cover, from i-Nique, but I'm concerned about all the snap closures. I don't think the Kindle is sturdy enough for repeated snappings. Also, the snap which holds the Kindle in place makes a visible dent on the front of the cover, which leads me to believe there might be unwanted stress placed on the Kindle at that point.

I love the look of Oberon covers, but they're all leather, and they only do custom orders of fifty or more.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me? I could go with either a book-style or flip cover, as long as it can be folded all the way back (or over) for ease of reading. I wouldn't mind an integral stand, but I'm sure I can prop it up on something if it doesn't have one.
Djehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Strapped-4-Cache
Eclectic Reader
Strapped-4-Cache began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Have you seen the Speck Covers?

They can be found at a Target near me for $30.00.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but they're not leather, the Kindle is VERY secure inside and it has a built-in prop for horizontal or vertical layout.

Just my $0.02.

- Mark (S-4-C)
Strapped-4-Cache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Djehuty
Connoisseur
Djehuty began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you! I am definitely going to Target tomorrow to see if they have one in stock. That's the best looking case I've seen yet!

I wonder why Amazon doesn't carry them.
Djehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
I looked at a Speck cover for the iPad at Target yesterday and it looked like the spine was plastic. I think that wouldn't last long being folded back very often. Of course that's just an opinion and not based on any actual experience. Does the Speck cover for the Kindle have a similar spine?

Also, many covers use PU leather (fake leather). Is that acceptable? Here's a short thread on it.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Look around on http://www.etsy.com/

Neat stuff there and they do custom orders
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert